• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost time :(

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Its a week till Fudges spay and im a bag of nerves :(
I want to make sure i have evrything for her so she heals without any problems :)

Im removing the levels from her cage so she cannot jump up and hurt herself, She will have blankets and cat beds and a vet bed in her cage along with a low litter tray with shredded paper bedding (pets@home stuff) and she will have a bowl of water as well as her bottle (bottle will be a bit lower than normal) and hay in her hay rack and none on the floor.
I have all of her fav treats and hays on order to tempt her to eat and i will be getting loads of fresh veg and herbs also :)
Ive also got metacam and Zantac in the house if needed!

No on the day would it be crazy if i make a packed lunch for her :oops: Just so she has something there if she feels like eating (most likely she wont) but will the vets allow her to have food in her cage?

Anything else i need? Im so nervous and want it over with :oops::(

I'm having Honey spayed next Monday, I am nervous too. She is an outdoor bun who is bonded to her brother Smokey. When I had Smokey neutered I felt terrible leaving him at the vets, I felt sick all day and was pacing up and down until they rang me to say he was ok.

He was fine, and was back to normal in two days so this time I'm going to try not to worry as much, I know its a bigger operation for Honey but I'm sure she'll be fine. I'm going to separate her from Smokey for a couple of days, put soft bedding and towels in the hutch instead of wood shavings, and I've booked time off work to keep an eye on her.

Dont worry too much, I know its hard not to! It sounds like you have thought of everything. Sending bunny cuddle vibes :love:

It is a worrying time as you just don't know what to expect do you?

It is reassuring to know everyone is here with advice for you though.

I would pack a lunch for her so she has her usual foods available before and after the op - my vets ask us to do this.

Not sure about the Vetbed, my vets said not a good idea as the fluff may stick but maybe if its a well worn piece.

Hope it all goes well.

Awwww bless you.
Calm down dear, you don't want to get ill from stress as you will need to be around to help her heal after the op.

She will be fine.

:love:

Yeh im glad about this forum you get so much support from everyone so thats good :D
Shes had the vetbed for over a year now so its well worn :roll: I will speak to the vet about it before i give her it :)
Well I will pack her a lunch of all her fave things :oops:

LouLou, I will be thinking about honey next monday and hoping for a speedy recovery for her xx

I was fine with all other buns but when it comes down to Fudge i get so worried:oops: Shes my baby and we have such a good bond its hard not to worry so much :roll:
Well i will try not think about it until next week and then panic :lol:

I always give my buns a packed lunch when they go for ops ;).

Try not to worry too much, it sounds like your prepared. Your vet shoudl give pain relief so you wont need to use your for 24 hours. Some buns come home very woozy (my Taff was awful) and others are fab (i had to make sure giles' goolies had gone he was so active :lol:).

I know you will worry, but try not to xx

No on the day would it be crazy if i make a packed lunch for her :oops: Just so she has something there if she feels like eating

A packed lunch is a very good idea-I've always sent mine with some of their usual food.I've always thought that if you've handled it,they may smell you and this might give them comfort in a strange environment [probably doesnt help but it reassures me!!]

Hi, I have got both Holly & Angel booked in to be netured on Thurs, so I will be on tenderhooks too ....

From experience (I have recently had Star spayed), you are well prepared :D
Please do pack some of her favorite food, eating is really important afterwards (my vet tells you to being some of their fav foods).

Boys tend to recover quicker than boys but Star was great when she had her spay. She was a little slow on the eating but the vet said that she looked really 'bright' when most girlie bun's dont straight away.

Good luck x

Back