• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hot weather

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
what way will it effect my buns, they seem a little off and not eating as much. with poor ted being black too. i've been pulling frsh grass for them which their muching down them, just the hay seems really dry and think it's putting them off it. could i soak the hay a little of spray it with some water in the back? just want to make them comfortable.

I think I'm right in saying the bunnies probably will seem to eat less in hot weather and they'll seem less active in general, but I'm sure they'll make up for it after dark when it's cooler.

The best thing you can do for your bunnies is make sure they have a shaded area to lie in, provide plenty of water plus lemonade bottles of frozen water :D

Lolas not eating as much as normal. Im going to let them do what they want today and stay inside if thats what they want x x

glad it's just not teddy. phew. i didn't feed her as much pellets this morning thinking this will encourage her to go fill up on hay.

Mine generally stop doing everything (except for the odd nibble) after 10am and lounge around until it gets cooler at 5pm-6pm or thereabouts :wave:

Just gotta make sure they have plenty of hay and water next to their favourite flopping spots so they don't have to go far for a nibble or drink. Since both of mine are black, I cover the entire run with a cream sheet so there is no way they can sit directly in the sun outside on hot days like this :wave:

thanks tigerangel. well their in the shed, i've left the door open for them and petal is outside. the shed didn't seem to warm yesterday but still worry.

You'd think they'd be less active but my bun is worse than normal!!!!:D typical!

I have a Ice Pod, frozen bottles, a bottle cover, and extra water bottle for downstairs and a marble(?) slate thing. I'm quite lucky as the sun only comes round to where bun is around 4pm when it's slightly cooler. I've made a bit of shade for her though:)

I have got a very fine spaying water bottle which i spay up in the air for her also.

I was just about to make a thread about this! Beat me to it!

I have two house buns, was wondering if I should buy a fan for them? The house is fairly cool and I have all the windows open along with the balconette doors so theres an airflow through the house (I'm not letting them in that room unsupervised though and shut them out when I can't keep an eye on them)

OH says they'll be fine and aclimatise (sp?) to it but I'm a neurotic bunny mummy

I have been wondering whether I should get a marble slab to go in Charlie's run?? He has a white sheet over his run so it toally shaded and I have been spraying water mist in the run every now and again. He is drinking well and eating ok.
He was really unsettled the night before last wondered if it was the warm nights upsetting him. Can the marble slab be put in his hutch at night?

B X

My buns are indoor buns but do they still need to be kept cool? My front room is cool - and completely out of the sun.

Filled soem milk bottles with cool water to see if they like it.

Buns huh!:shock:

Update = Lucy is loving her "4 pinter" full of iced water wrapped in a towel!:love:

Last edited:
Back