• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really want to cry why do bunnys do this

deja224

Alpha Buck
i went down to feed bunnys one of them wasnt 100% last night she was eating drinking pooing ect just not right some how. I bought her in to her crate gone down this am and she was laid out on her bed i picked her up an there was no weight to her, i have weighted her and shes lost alot of weight over night. Shes diabetic just dont no what to do. Waiting for vet line to open, ment to be going for my wedding dress fitting really dont want to now :cry:

any thoughts what it could be

shes on a strict diet, she had lots of blood test and they all came back the same, shes drinking i thought dehydration but shes drank the normal amount from her water bottle and bowl. I mean shes gone from a bit of a chubby bun to you can feel every bone in her body, hes not even 4 mths

Sorry to hear Bun not well. If she is confirmed as diabetic and she is loosing weight it means that there is not enough insulin in her body to use the glucose from the food. Her body is basically staving even though she is eating, she is using all the fat and then protein reserves in her body. Sounds like her blood sugar is too high at the mo and will need insulin and fluids. She should respond well. ask the vet for insulin as the diet alone is not working.

Wishing you all the best with this and sending huge vibes!!

Hope you get to the fitting of the wedding dress in time

Vet said got to do more tests, blood sugar is ok think it could be a lump some were, he isnt holding out much hope we have wait for more bloods. poo is nomal weeing normal and eating, i no she has done this before we get to the point of saying its time and she perks up I just have a feeling this time will be diffrent, Not sure what to think shes such a special girl

vet said she will never be strong enough to make it through been to 3 vets no one would risk it, she has slight brain damage as well. On the good side she a bit more active tonight

Back