• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

friday neutering omg

I am sure all will be well.
When i had Angel done i was petrified but she was fine:D
Sending lots of vibes.

Am sure he'll be fine try not to worry:) Males tend to bounce back very quickly. Just make sure you pack him off with a little pack lunch of his own brand pellets and hay and perhaps his favourite veggies (some clinics will be obliging and keep them in the fridge for you!) for when he comes round:D and just check when you go to collect that the vet has given him adequate pain relief post-operatively to see him through the night back home. It would be a good idea to pick up some Critical care/recovery from the vet and some syringes just in case he doesn't eat when he comes home. Def stock up on his favourite treats/veggies/herbs before you collect him so you are all prepared if his appetite is depressed. They will probably get him eating before they send him home as good practice anyway, so don't worry. Good luck:wave:

Am sure he'll be fine try not to worry:) Males tend to bounce back very quickly. Just make sure you pack him off with a little pack lunch of his own brand pellets and hay and perhaps his favourite veggies (some clinics will be obliging and keep them in the fridge for you!) for when he comes round:D and just check when you go to collect that the vet has given him adequate pain relief post-operatively to see him through the night back home. It would be a good idea to pick up some Critical care/recovery from the vet and some syringes just in case he doesn't eat when he comes home. Def stock up on his favourite treats/veggies/herbs before you collect him so you are all prepared if his appetite is depressed. They will probably get him eating before they send him home as good practice anyway, so don't worry. Good luck:wave:

thanks they did tell me to pack his favorite stuff,just done it now ready for the morning.will make sure about the pain releif though!
thanks dee xxx

Dumpling got done today.....he was eating and pooing as soon as he got home, he is still a bit lethargic, not surprisingly! but is doing fine, i'm sure he will be ok, try not to worry!:)

Dumpling got done today.....he was eating and pooing as soon as he got home, he is still a bit lethargic, not surprisingly! but is doing fine, i'm sure he will be ok, try not to worry!:)

awwhh thank you..
glad your bun is ok x
cant help but worry i was born that way lol xx

Don't panic - I have had three of mine done so far and all went smoothly. The males in particular bounced back very quickly as its not as invasive as the females op.

alls well up to now he is very quiet,picked him up at 4.30 we have put a travel cot up and put him in that with some food water and hay.he keeps coming out of the pet carrier for a drink..

fingers crossed he will be back to normal tomoz xx

blue seems alot better now he is currently ripping up the newspaper from the pet carrier ..xx thanx everyone xx

Back