• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tommorow, National Vaccination Month :D

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Tommorow is the start of National Vaccination Month
I'm going to print off my vouchers this week, and book an appoinment. You can print out vouchers which entitle you to £30 off each myxi vaccination, a free health check and 50p of Rabbit wormer!

WOAH!
Just realised, dont be fooled -
On presentation of this voucher your rabbit is entitled to a free health check and a 6 month booster vaccination against myxomatosis in December 2009. To qualify, your rabbit will need to have been vaccinated against myxomatosis during National Vaccination Month (June 2009) by a participating vet.

Ahhh, so you have to pay and vaccinate your rabbit in June, then in December you get a free booster. Just thought I'd warn people, who thought they would get a free vaccination this June.

EDIT: I think :?
Unless you get a June and December vaccination, but I doubt that.

Our vets are doing a free 6month booster but only if your animals vaccination is three months out of date ....... I have my thoughts on this but will keep them to myself ....... :rolleyes:

Penalises those owners who get their rabbits done every 6 months and at the times of the year best ie. March/April and September/October.

Penalises those owners who get their rabbits done every 6 months and at the times of the year best ie. March/April and September/October.

I agree. I know these things are done to help but it infuriates me and i actually dont think they help at all.

I know someone who doesnt get their bunny vaccinated every 6 months BECAUSE of these things! she says "Well they always bring out these sorts of things every year or so, and it saves me the money"

I don't qualify either (sadly) but can sort of see the point.... even though I'd love a discount. :lol::lol:

They're not aiming the scheme at us owners who already know the importance of vaccinating and do it regularly. It's designed to encourage those who wouldn't otherwise to do it.

There aren't any suggested vaccine dates from intervet for 6 mthly boosters though, only for if you vaccinate yearly.

I know someone who doesnt get their bunny vaccinated every 6 months BECAUSE of these things! she says "Well they always bring out these sorts of things every year or so, and it saves me the money"

:shock: That's awful - I like to save money but I couldn't gamble with my bunny's lives to do it. They'll have their 6 mthly boosters regardless.

I don't qualify either (sadly) but can sort of see the point.... even though I'd love a discount. :lol::lol:

They're not aiming the scheme at us owners who already know the importance of vaccinating and do it regularly. It's designed to encourage those who wouldn't otherwise to do it.

There aren't any suggested vaccine dates from intervet for 6 mthly boosters though, only for if you vaccinate yearly.

But why not in March? Before the myxo season gets underway? I do kinda understand them targeting at owners who wouldn't otherwise, still don't agree with it however. But doing it in May seems to me to be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

But why not in March? Before the myxo season gets underway?

Yeah I must admit I don't know. I *think* they advise May/June at the best time to do it if you're only doing it yearly so maybe it stems from that but I agree it should be a bit earlier.

The scheme is for cats and dogs too, so the reason for it being in May could perhaps be something related to them? :?

I think 2 separate schemes would be nice - one to encourage people who don't vaccinate and another to reward people who already do.

Yeah I must admit I don't know. I *think* they advise May/June at the best time to do it if you're only doing it yearly so maybe it stems from that but I agree it should be a bit earlier.

The scheme is for cats and dogs too, so the reason for it being in May could perhaps be something related to them? :?

I think 2 separate schemes would be nice - one to encourage people who don't vaccinate and another to reward people who already do.

Yeah I thought it might be to do with cats and dogs. Sadly rabbits are the priority further down the list as usual. :(

Back