• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone got this?

Yes, I have this pen. It was recommended to me by the lady who looks after my rabbits when I am on holiday as she has a few of them.

I've had two foster bunnies living in it in the house for about 2 months. However I put the pen outside on concrete whenever I am at home and the weather is nice as they seem to prefer it outside. I wouldn't leave them in it when I go out though as I think a fox might be able to turn it over.

I just read the 'effortless assembly' description :shock: The first time I put it together was a nightmare as the pictures in the instructions were nothing like the panels I had. The foster bunnies sat in their travel box for about half an hour waiting for me to finish assembling it as I picked it up at the same time as I got them. Now I know how it goes together it isn't too bad though.

The price is now £10 less than I paid for it so I think that's quite good value. I may even b tempted to buy another one...

I have one of those (the big size one) and I really like it. I have some tent pegs that I added to bolt it down a bit (but I dont think we get foxes). I haven't had any problems with mine.

Hope you are as happy with it as I have been with mine.

Also, if I was leaving the pen outside and didn't need to fold it up regularly I would add a few tie-wraps to fix the top panel to the sides. I just think that would make it that little bit more rigid and secure.

It is a good size pen, personally I don't think it's secure enough for unattended use though, it is held together by a simple system of bending the top in and out of little notches (you'll see what I mean when it arrives) which means it would be a doddle for a fox to pull apart even if it's bolted down - or even for a determined bunny to break out from if they really wanted. If you can find an inventive way to secure all the joins though, it may be ok for what you want it for :)

i've got the big one as a grass run. Phoenix digs so they are never unsupervised. once you get used to it its really easy to assemble, and very handy if you have to travel as it folds right down flat. its really light so easy to move around the garden, and all the doors and flaps are really handy too, and it comes with 4 pegs for fixing into the grass. i also have the wooden hide thing and the shade cover.

I have two of them, put together to make a bigger run. I would not leave the bunnies in it unsupervised, even if it was on concrete. You would have to add a lot of cable ties, but then it would be a nightmare to open the lid. And it isn't easy to catch bunnies in that run, unless they are like Cloud and want to jump into your arms. :lol:

Back