• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you buy a decent run for Thistle Hall hutch

Treacle44

Warren Scout
After yet another run bites the dust, I really want a large run that I can attach to the bottom level of the under run of Thistle Hall. Can you buy such a thing. The fennel fold one is tiny.

Thanks

T
x

Last edited:
You could make one out of aviary panels, but it would require some custom joining work to make it fit onto the hutch.

You could make one out of aviary panels, but it would require some custom joining work to make it fit onto the hutch.

some people on ebay custom make for you. Have you looked in the local paper for carpenters or asked your local timer yard if they would make 1 for you?

I couldn't find anything to buy to go on the front, so my OH built this out of 2x2 and weld mesh. It's great! Is 4ft by 5ft, my boys love it.
It's now got another strut across the top. Pics make it look smaller than it really is.

SDC10734.jpg

SDC10737.jpg

Hope it makes sense. Was very easy and run part only took a day. It also has bolts etc on, but has rained since finished so unable to get more piccies

Looks fantastic. I have the same hutch for my Nethie and his g/f, but I need to make an extension too. Yours is perfect, just what I'm after. Will copy your idea and extend my bunnies room that way! ;)

P.S Your picture is so pretty, I wish my back porch looked like that!! Its just started winter here in Aus and the rabbits and I are getting miserable, no playing on wet grass allowed today!! :|

I've been looking at large runs a great deal recently and by far the best is Tuckerbunnies homemade ones! Are you lucky enough to know someone who could make one for you? They work out a bit cheaper too.

Back