• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns will never be living outside

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
We have discussed the idea of getting the buns a hutch and run combo and putting them outside.

I was never keen on the idea as I cant see the garden from our house (bit complicated but basically our garden is at the back of next doors) so I wouldnt be able to look at the window for a quick check on them.

Went up there this morning to peg the washing out and a fox had been on the garden during the night and got hold of a bird. Feathers and the bloody remains of it all over the garden!

Decision made, bunnies will never live outside while we are in this house!

Did you actually see the fox as it sounds like it could be a cat that killed the bird, foxes usually take their kill away from the spot to eat it.

We had foxes with young living next door, with my rabbits outside. IMO, it's better for them to be outside, so I provide that, with secure accommodation.

Did you actually see the fox as it sounds like it could be a cat that killed the bird, foxes usually take their kill away from the spot to eat it.

No we didnt see it- as I said we cant see the garden from our house at all.

Maybe it was a cat- most of our neighbours have them. It looked like it wasa fairly large bird though.

We had foxes with young living next door, with my rabbits outside. IMO, it's better for them to be outside, so I provide that, with secure accommodation.

Would you still provide that secure accomodation if the garden could not been seen from your property at all? (Its a good 100yrds away from our house)

Do they get a run around in the garden?
Maybe you could have a couple of hours sitting out there with them? On a nice day :)
Give them a little bit of freedom :lol::lol:

But i dont think i would have my buns outside if the garden wasnt visible from the backdoor....

I have a run for them to be in outside, the garden isnt secure and as its a rented property we couldnt make it secure enough for them to be free range. I do take them up and sit with them for a few hours iif the weather is nice at the weekend. We have a small paved area outside the back door that they are on at the minute to get some fresh air while im working inside.

I have a run for them to be in outside, the garden isnt secure and as its a rented property we couldnt make it secure enough for them to be free range. I do take them up and sit with them for a few hours iif the weather is nice at the weekend. We have a small paved area outside the back door that they are on at the minute to get some fresh air while im working inside.

Well im sure the buns wouldnt mind living indoors where its safe and just having a couple of hours out to range around :)

Well im sure the buns wouldnt mind living indoors where its safe and just having a couple of hours out to range around :)

They dont mind at all! They like it inside. Strawberry has learned how to use the cat flap today so he is in and out like a yoyo!

Don't worry about your bunnies living indoors; I'm sure they love it. I have house bunnies too. I used to put them in their run when the weather was good and they would just sit there looking sorry for themselves, as if I had imprisoned them. :lol: So, I don't do this anymore. :)

Don't worry about your bunnies living indoors; I'm sure they love it. I have house bunnies too. I used to put them in their run when the weather was good and they would just sit there looking sorry for themselves, as if I had imprisoned them. :lol: So, I don't do this anymore. :)

Funny that, I have put Lola and Jess out the last couple of days and they have sat there lokking at me as if to say "what the :censored:" :lol:

Put the carrier in the run to bring them back inside and Lola flew in closely followed by Jess. They then flopped when back inside :lol::lol:

Funny that, I have put Lola and Jess out the last couple of days and they have sat there lokking at me as if to say "what the :censored:" :lol:

Put the carrier in the run to bring them back inside and Lola flew in closely followed by Jess. They then flopped when back inside :lol::lol:

Typical! :lol::lol:

Our bunnies are never unsupervised in the garden ,I think that there are to many things that could go wrong so they are watched all the time which is a good idea, I feel.

Back