• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding four - help!!....Update

matjoliver

Warren Scout
:wave: Hi peeps,
well, it' been a couple of weeks since we rebonded Malone (male) in with Daisy (female), Gizmo (f) and Marley (m) (we had to seperate him due to coming home from work one day and finding some injuries to his lop ears from a bit of fighting).

Anyway, the rebond didn't go too bad, with Gizmo and Marley accepting him and this has continued - Gizmo grooms him no probs.

Had a few issues with Daisy - she kept chasing him and nipping/pulling fur. All seemed to settle down, Daisy began to groom Malone, so after a week in the bonding area, we moved them all into their new home.

However, Daisy constantly charges alone Malone and chases him - poor lad :( and even if she gets a bit near him, he runs away as he's scared. We regularly find him sitting alone as if Daisy is with the other two, he won't go near.

Is there any way we can get over this? - Would it be worth taking Malone and Daisy out of the group for a couple of days and try to bond them seperately?

All buns are neutered/spayed.

Thanks for any advice :)

Last edited:
We're going to try giving Malone and Daisy some alone time in the garden run (still next to the enclosure) for a bit each evening - so they haven't got the distractions of the other two and see what happens I guess.

I just feel so sorry for Malone - sometimes I think he looks at us with "why didn't you just leave me in the adoption centre" thoughts :(

Him and Gizmo are close - she will groom him and he has groomed her - they will happily sit together, but then one of the others comes along and he runs away. He just doesn't seem to even stand up to Daisy - I don't know what it is?!

I have a trio and Tim is exactly the same. He is at the bottom of the pecking order and it used to worry me, but really, he gets his fair share of grooming and will groom the others, so I realised that he's proabably quite content in his own bunny way. Sometimes we tend to think that they will feel "left out", but i'm sure that's just us putting human emotions onto them!! It's Fliss(the female of the group) who chases him and he does tend to steer clear if she starts to run towards him, but hedoesn't seem stressed and eats well, so I just let them get on with it. There's never any nipping or biting, nor has she ever tried to mount him, so perhaps he realises she's "all mouth and trousers!!"

UNfortunately, we have had to seperate Malone from the group again - luckily the o/h was as home today and him and Marley we scrapping a bit last night, which seems to have turned into fighting today.
Poor Malone has lost another bit from one of his ears :(
Daisy and Marley now seem to pick on him and the poor guy can't go anywhere

We've put all four back in the garage, separated by metal gate and will give it another try next weekend. Will give them all time to relax and get some rest!

We don't know what else to try really!?? :?

Back