• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does she flop onto her poo?!

Benjamin09

Young Bun
Cheddar's been doing this the last few nights when I've brought her inside.. She's got a run outside, but I've got a mini one ontop of a ground sheet for her if I want to bring her in.. but she hasn't yet worked out where her 'wet patch' is on here yet... She poo's literally anywhere in it - and occasionally she just suddenly flop (kinda jump and land on her side) on top of the poo's...

Is she just being weird or is that normal?

She doesn't roll in it like our dogs do with manure ( :censored: ), but it bugs me why she likes to lie on it? I've never seen her do it in her house/run outdoors...

My bun does a flop kinda thing like that, although not on her poos, she does it when shes been running around and shes tired, so flops over and lays there.

Does yours do it after shes being running? If so, it may just be conincidence that its ontop of her poos...have you thought about putting a litter box in there with her? Mine used to poo all over too, until i litter trained her now she only ever goes in her box, if i dont put it with her she seems to wait and she does it back in her cage!

My older bun has a favourite spot on the stair where she flops, doesnt jump but just kinda 'falls' onto her side and lays there, even if she hasnt been running, she just loves that spot! Is it the same spot yours does it, or anywhere?

Aslong as theyre healthy poos dont worry, if theyre runny or the 'soft poos' (i cant spell it...the ones they eat) then just be carefull they dont get stuck to her fur.

Back