PDA

View Full Version : Look what i have just won!!

Starlight
30-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Another hutch that will never again keep a bunny prisoner.

2.25ft long, 1.3ft high, and 1.3ft depth :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220421605444

Hugbut
30-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Awful :shock:

Jazzy B Bunny
30-05-2009, 10:29 PM
:shock::shock: shocking! theres some in a pet shop near me like this:(

HoppingBinky
30-05-2009, 10:31 PM
OMG how small????!!!!:shock::evil:
Congratulations tho, it will make smashing firewood!

Santa
30-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh congratulations, you must be very proud. Are you going to take a hammer with you when you go to collect it :lol:

Doghouse135
30-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Can I just say that although that particular one looks very ropey, I have had several of these in the past to use as shelters for the buns when they're in the huge runs in case it starts to rain.

Must admit, I don't think mine were THAT small though !!!

ETA - just looked at the measurements again :shock: - no, mine were definitely not that small - not even for a temporary shelter

Starlight
30-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Oh congratulations, you must be very proud. Are you going to take a hammer with you when you go to collect it :lol:

I am tempted!!:lol:

Rachie
30-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Horrid :shock:

I think you should take a hammer to it when you collect it :D

halfpenny
30-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I have one of these.......
Took the doors off and it is now a nest box for the hens.

happybunny22000
30-05-2009, 10:50 PM
:shock:
wonder where the bun went

Charys
30-05-2009, 10:55 PM
It is hard to imagine the misery a poor creature could face in that. Sitting its whole life in a small cell, never hopping, running for joy, kicking and bunkying in happiness, feeling the wind in its ears, standing periscoping, grazing in a large open space or showing all those true rabbits traits that we all know and love. Why oh why do people never seem to take that miniscule leap of imagination...and think about the creature they are cruelly imprisoning ????

donnamt
30-05-2009, 10:55 PM
:shock::shock::shock::shock:

donnamt
30-05-2009, 10:56 PM
It is hard to imagine the misery a poor creature could face in that. Sitting its whole life in a small cell, never hopping, running for joy, kicking and bunkying in happiness, feeling the wind in its ears, standing periscoping, grazing in a large open space or showing all those true rabbits traits that we all know and love. Why oh why do people never seem to take that miniscule leap of imagination...and think about the creature they are cruelly imprisoning ????

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Milo+Fizz
30-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Glad no other bunny will live a life of misery in that prison :evil:, well done. Will you tell the person you get it off why you've brought it?

TermiteFrank
31-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I am tempted!!:lol:

Could you imagine the face of the seller as you smashed the hutch to pieces, got back in the car with your hammer and left them with a pile of splinters. :lol:

LoopyLouie
31-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Well done :)

Dustyrabbit
31-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Go you!

Its sickening that some people think its ok to keep a rabbit in something like that and that places sell them reinforcing this idea, it makes me think its like keeping a toy in a cupboard, you can just forget about it until you feel like playing with it.

This animal welfare act - is it really doing anything if people can still sell and use such unsuitable things? What can we do?

drpengie
31-05-2009, 09:53 AM
urggh that's disgusting!!! :censored:

DemiS
31-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Im thinking, a new carrier? Its cheaper than those tiny plastic things you get at pet shops.

raine
31-05-2009, 08:55 PM
such a good idea Kris. I never thought of looking and buying up the small hutches in Oxfordshire.

*Spider*
31-05-2009, 08:56 PM
How delightful!

teresateddyb
03-06-2009, 08:56 AM
forgive me for being rude but are you a charity kris as i think buying small hutches off ebay is wasting money that could go to your rabbits instead just my opion really sorry if i sound off tone

teresa

Starlight
03-06-2009, 08:58 AM
forgive me for being rude but are you a charity kris as i think buying small hutches off ebay is wasting money that could go to your rabbits instead just my opion really sorry if i sound off tone

teresa

I am.

Its 5 - from my own money.

In my opinion it is money well spent, as never again will a rabbit have to live in a box prison cell. 2.25 ft long- wouldn't even put a Hamster in it.

teresateddyb
03-06-2009, 09:40 AM
i see where you are coming from but when people are donating to you and your charity it seems strange that you are spending money on something that is wasteful i understand that you are saving a bunny from livin in it but your money would be better spent on your bunnies just my opion really

teresa

Starlight
03-06-2009, 09:45 AM
It is my own money, it has nothing to do with money donated, or rescue funds.

Can i not go out anywhere, or buy anything, as that money could go towards the rescue despite being my own money?

Santa
03-06-2009, 09:50 AM
For the sake of a fiver I think it's actually quite a good use of money. As Kris says, it's her own money anyway so what does it matter?

It'd be pretty easy to squander a fiver on a glass of wine and a cornetto, or on a cinema ticket, or a new bag, so why not use it to get a crappy hutch like that out of circulation? The fact that someone else bid on it suggests that it's likely a bunny would have ended up in it otherwise.

LolasMummy
03-06-2009, 09:51 AM
i think what you did was brilliant!

Well done for stopping another poor bunny living in that!

My little hamsters cage was twice the side of that!!

Poor little rabbit that lived in that :cry::cry::cry:

Starlight
03-06-2009, 09:57 AM
For the sake of a fiver I think it's actually quite a good use of money. As Kris says, it's her own money anyway so what does it matter?

It'd be pretty easy to squander a fiver on a glass of wine and a cornetto, or on a cinema ticket, or a new bag, so why not use it to get a crappy hutch like that out of circulation? The fact that someone else bid on it suggests that it's likely a bunny would have ended up in it otherwise.

Adult cinema tickets in Kingston are 8 something :shock: so it is cheaper than a cinema ticket ;)

I was only 1 bid from being outbid, as the other bidder bid 5 :(

I have been informed the hutch was only used when they were being cleaned out, to put them in, but it still does not excuse the fact it is very unlikely the other bidder was getting it for the same reason, as it was advertised as a bunny hutch, it would most likely have been used full time as a permanant home :(

Just need to get it here to start the fun!!

louise and Gus
03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
i see where you are coming from but when people are donating to you and your charity it seems strange that you are spending money on something that is wasteful i understand that you are saving a bunny from livin in it but your money would be better spent on your bunnies just my opion really

teresa

Kris has a seperate fund for all donations receieved, these all go directly to vet bills and rabbit care (I know this because I receive a lot of her dontations to my pay pal and write a cheque directly to her vets!)

How she spends her own money is no ones business but hers,I agree it was a good thing to do :)

BeatrixPotter
03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Well done! Another nasty hutch removed!

Just been on ebay looking at hutches. Don't need one i was just curious. I searched 4 pages and there were no 6ft hutches at all. Saw some dreadful 2ft ones. One of the 2ft ones came with an additional 2ft by 2ft run!!!! Poor bun that ends up in that one!:shock::(

coco1200
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Well done Kris :D saving one bun at least from a life of misery! Oscar is probably the size of that hutch, wouldn't even be able to turn around :(

Rhian33
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Well done for that. Just out of interest if anyone could answer I would be greatful - I have heard that pet shops are not allowed to sell 3ft hutches as rabbit hutches, is this true does the same apply to professional ebay sellers that make new 3ft "rabbit hutches"

luluhound
03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
well done, instead of smashing it up, u could use it as a sunshelter in the garden if your buns are free range..:wave:

BeatrixPotter
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Well done for that. Just out of interest if anyone could answer I would be greatful - I have heard that pet shops are not allowed to sell 3ft hutches as rabbit hutches, is this true does the same apply to professional ebay sellers that make new 3ft "rabbit hutches"

Not sure how well monitered this is though. The garden centre near me sells very small hutches labelled as 'rabbit hutch':censored: