• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vinnie acting odd is it hot weather???

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Right yesterday and today has been really hot here,Miffy and Vinnie are in the back bedroom it gets the sun in the morning so gets hot,So today ive put a stair gate up at the door and left the doors and windows open up stairs,He has been panting most of the day,but eating and drinking as normal but his poo was smallar this morning,and he didnt poo again untill 4pm they were all an odd shape,He has eaten his tea just now his tummy isnt bloated is it just the hot weather????

hope hes ok now its cooled down, pearls a bit of a panter when it gets too warm but it doesnt affect her poops tho :?

ive decided tomorrow im going to mist the rooms upstairs every hour or so to keep it cool and as bens mum suggested iced towels infront of the fan...upstairs feels like its really heavy.. kakky weather :evil::evil:

Even if everything else except poo was normal???

Well fast resps for a prolonged period of time is of concern as it means Buns heart and lungs are under stress.

I would certainly be damping down Buns ears and back of neck with cool water, providing a fan and ice-pods.

Well fast resps for a prolonged period of time is of concern as it means Buns heart and lungs are under stress.

I would certainly be damping down Buns ears and back of neck with cool water, providing a fan and ice-pods.

I did put water on his ears and neck this morning when it was hot:)

He and Miffy are breathing the same still quite fast but both acting normal both came running to me as i went upstairs just now,its nice and cool in there room now and i will leave the window open overnight.I couldnt bare it if something happened to Vinnie:(,Ive got Mildred with a poorly leg too

pearl and Alvin have started running about now too... heat deffo hun... get some bottles of water froze for tomorrow should cool the room down a bit for them :D

ill keep everything crossed, but its been evil hot today id be surprised if something nasty has creeped up on Vinnie...bet now the temp is almost livable Vinnie is catching up on fun times.. like them pair in my house

He seems fine today his breathing is the same as Miffys maybe hes always breathed that fast and i never picked up on it untill today? Hes eaten everything and has pooed alot although still alittle smallar than usual

Back