• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jill, we have had a miracle!/ piccys added

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I woke up this morning and looked out of the kitchen window to see Bunny Bundy and Imogen (Naomi) sitting together :shock: I never thought I would see the day. Normally they just tolerate each other on opposite sides of the pen and if Bundy does tries to wash her she just bites and chases him. I can honestly say it is one of the most stressful male/female bondings I have ever done in 11 years of bonding bunnies.

I am hoping that now they have moved into their new hutch Imogen feels a lot more secure than she did in an open bonding pen inside. Hopefully things will now settle down properly, it would be so fantastic if they became a proper loved up couple :love:

We have finished phase 2 of their accomodation and are now starting phase 3, not sure how far we will get though as the heat is terrible. Will post some pictures of it soon. Naomi's hocks are looking good now she is permanently either on thick hay or grass :D She is such a little sweetheart :love:

Last edited:
It might be going brilliantly now but it has taken a good few weeks to get there. I nearly gave up more than once as Bundy ended up with a few bites but thankfully they were nothing serious :)

It might be going brilliantly now but it has taken a good few weeks to get there. I nearly gave up more than once as Bundy ended up with a few bites but thankfully they were nothing serious :)

I had the same with the boys, but am so pleased I perservered (well husband managed it really) I could have given up with them on a few occassions as it was so upsetting. It took months to get where we are now and I have had them a year!!

I hope it will continue to go well and you end up with a loved up couple.
Also - sorry to hijack the thread:oops::oops:

Liz that is such good news..well done for perservering:D

I do think the shortsighted buns are harder to bond as more nervous of anything moving near them
Will keep fingers crossed for continued progress..and pics would be nice!:D x

Here are a few of the initial bonding.

HPIM1967.jpg

HPIM1968.jpg

HPIM1969.jpg

this is still as close as they get when out in the run together, but hopefully that will improve with time :)

HPIM1977.jpg

HPIM1982.jpg

HPIM1980.jpg

We are so pleased, as soon as they went back in their hutch late last night they sat together. I don't want to tempt fate but I think we have finally cracked it :)

HPIM2030.jpg

HPIM2031.jpg

aww, sounds like its going well.
i hope it continues :D

Maybe they just like their space when they are out in their run :wave:

Lovely photos :love::love::love:

Back