• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

desperatly need mega vibes for poor Liesel please...HOME

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Liesel arrived with us with a huge Heamatoma on her vulva . She was also prgnant .
When she had the babies the heamatoma gradualy went..

Liesel was spayed yesterday but had a bad bleed during the spay op and she developed another heamatoma in her fatty tissues (apparently very unusual)

Recovered well from anesthetic and was moving around fine but she was kept in for observation .
i have just spoken to the vets and she has now lost use in one of her hind legs .. ..she has limited use in the other ...the vets have no idea why ..

she reacts to pain in one leg but not the other and her feet are both warm so there is at least some circulation.

i am absolutly gutted ... i feel sick with worry ...

Poor Liesel has been through so much and now this .. :(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Oh how awful, the poor girl, she has been through so much :( Sending tons of vibes for Liesel and praying she can make a full recovery.

Sending hugs to you too at this stressful time, you must be besides yourself with worry xx

Oh no, not the lovely Liesel. :( She's been through so much, poor love. Sending lots and lots of vibes. xx

It goes without saying that I am sending huge vibes for this beautiful big girl and hope the vets can find out why this has happened and help her.:(

:shock:

:cry:

My first thoughts are can they get some bloods from her to check her Liver Function, particulary clotting factors

She may have had a bleed in her brain causing the hind leg paralysis.

The history of haematoma, profuse bleeding during surgery makes me wonder if her liver is not functioning properly and consequently her blood is not clotting :?

I guess covering all bases and giving abx/anti-inflams/Panacur/IV fluids until they can get some blood results :?

Sending massive vibes

xx

:shock:

:cry:

My first thoughts are can they get some bloods from her to check her Liver Function, particulary clotting factors

She may have had a bleed in her brain causing the hind leg paralysis.

The history of haematoma, profuse bleeding during surgery makes me wonder if her liver is not functioning properly and consequently her blood is not clotting :?

I guess covering all bases and giving abx/anti-inflams/Panacur/IV fluids until they can get some blood results :?

Sending massive vibes

xx

i was thinking the same, or perhaps she's had clotting issues that have caused an occlusion in the blood vessels leading to her legs? its fairly common in cats to get a clot at the aortic-iliac junction which makes them lose control of their back legs (looks like they've been hit by a car), which is in a similar area to everything else that is going on for her. I hope they can find the source and she'll get well soon xxx

i was thinking the same, or perhaps she's had clotting issues that have caused an occlusion in the blood vessels leading to her legs? its fairly common in cats to get a clot at the aortic-iliac junction which makes them lose control of their back legs (looks like they've been hit by a car), which is in a similar area to everything else that is going on for her. I hope they can find the source and she'll get well soon xxx

Can Rabbits be given Thrombolytic Drugs ?

Back