• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

QQ - think I know the answer but ....

happypreso

Alpha Buck
I have 2 rabbits (male & female) who are both six months old. I have booked them both in to be netured on the same day next week. I have to get both rabbits down the vets at 8.30am.

I only have one carrier (and dont think I could carry two rabbits in two seperate carrier at the same time) so what do I do? I was thinking could I put them together for the very short journey to the vets? But then what do I do to pick them up (assuming they will both want some space?).

So do I drop one off at 8am? and then go back for the other? (and the same at pick up time?) or does anyone else have any answers?

Thinking ahead (assuming all goes well) when all 4 rabbits are bonded together and it is jab time (sept) - for those with bonded bun's how do you get 4 rabbits to the vets at the same time?

I have 2 rabbits (male & female) who are both six months old. I have booked them both in to be netured on the same day next week. I have to get both rabbits down the vets at 8.30am.

I only have one carrier (and dont think I could carry two rabbits in two seperate carrier at the same time) so what do I do? I was thinking could I put them together for the very short journey to the vets? But then what do I do to pick them up (assuming they will both want some space?).

So do I drop one off at 8am? and then go back for the other? (and the same at pick up time?) or does anyone else have any answers?

Thinking ahead (assuming all goes well) when all 4 rabbits are bonded together and it is jab time (sept) - for those with bonded bun's how do you get 4 rabbits to the vets at the same time?

I can't answer all the other bits, but it only takes a couple of seconds for a sexually mature bunster couple to conceive, so definitely don't do that!!!

When I bring my buns in together, I bring them in two separate carriers and put them in the back, facing each other. I think this is the easiest.

Why not just buy another small carrier? I wonder if that's not something you could find on Freecycle or something? :)

Why not just buy another small carrier? I wonder if that's not something you could find on Freecycle or something? :)

Yep defo worth the investment, u'll no doubt need two in the future,and meantime,if u get one of those that the top half lifts off,u can use the bottom half as a litter tray. I also find that cos hes used to the base being in his pen as a litter tray,hes happy to get in it to go2the vets!

Definately get another carrier or use a cardboard box.

I bonded my buns yesterday and started off with a car trip. The humping had started before I started the engine:shock: Peter has been neutered.

I can't answer all the other bits, but it only takes a couple of seconds for a sexually mature bunster couple to conceive, so definitely don't do that!!!

Hi, yes but they are both going to be neutuered so any pregnancy wouldn't have a chance to develop if you see what I mean!

Maybe should have mentioned ....

That I normally WALK to the vets! Hence me not being to able to carry two carriers/boxes etc ....

Hi, yes but they are both going to be neutuered so any pregnancy wouldn't have a chance to develop if you see what I mean!

There is a small chance the operation could have to be postponed if they find some illness with your rabbit in the check up, so I still wouldn't do it.

You can get cardboard carriers from most pet shops.

When you have four you can use indoor cages as carriers.

You have two hands!!

Try taking Bramble and a normal sized carrier to the vets on a 15 minute bus journey and walk!:lol:

no oh! I dont fancy that! I will have my 6 yrs old with me and it is a busy road! Might take a chance and walk both down in a carrier each then and hope that my 6 year old listens (he is normally good to be fair)!

its possible the vets may be able to lend you a carrier for the morning, as ours ofetn have spare ones lying around. Sometimes they even have second hand ones for sale :)

not ideal but how about a large cardboard box with holes?? if its only a few mins up the road wont cause anyharm :D

Our four go to the vets all together but in 2 carriers (i.e. 2 in one and 2 in another). We put the two who like each other the least together to ensure their bonds don't get broken being away from each other, which means the two girls have to put up with each other and the two guys can snuggle together hehe :lol:

I have a car but can manage the 2 carriers at the same time during the non-car parts lol, but our buns are small but with pairs id say each carrier is carrying about 2.5-3kg each. When it gets to a door I have to put one carrier on the floor which i wrestle it it haha (or another popular method is bring friends!!) lol

Back