• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help!!!!

jenny14

New Kit
i think my bun has just broke her little finger on her left paw she limps now and agen but then runs around as normal

would this heal on its own or would it need amputating ?

please comment x

well have phoned but have to wait till morning to try get her booked in just didnt know if it would heal on its own dont want it amputating i will take her to vets anyway but just wundring if anyone knew?

well have phoned but have to wait till morning to try get her booked in just didnt know if it would heal on its own dont want it amputating i will take her to vets anyway but just wundring if anyone knew?

Poor bunny! I'd try another vet, a human with a broken bone wouldn't wait till morning to get pain killers. Must hurt. Hope your bunny is better soon :D

My guinea pig broke her front leg. She did not have it aputated but had to beon strict bed rest for a month. Willow is a natural painkiller so if you have got any willowballs/sticks put it in with your bun

For the time being, you don't want your bun to further injure his finger. So use non-stick painter type Green Tape to wrap that finger together w/ the other fingers, then use Velcro to wrap around it 1 more time. That way, he can't bite on it.

I have this happened to my bridge bun Goofball, in about 10 days to 2 wk., the finger healed very nicely. She dislocated her finger due to nails too long, it's my fault as back then, I was afraid to cut her nails

Back