• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preparing for a show

Rachel89

Mama Doe
I couldn't figure out where to put this so feel free to move it if I have been really stupid and missed the section its ment to go in.

I was just wondering if any of you show your rabbits what do you do to prepare them etc?
Any tips would be really usefull :)

Nope, can't help you there i'm afraid

Mine would go mental in one of there little metal wire bottomed cages!!

Show buns generally start 'training' from about 6 weeks old learning how to sit and be handled and looked at and groomed.
NOT all bunnies take well to this enviroment but most show buns do enjoy it. Like any animal if it was not happy you could not make it sit and behave on the show table for love nor money

It is mostly males that are shown. I have 2 buns that used to really enjoy it complete show offs (i no longer show)

Are your bunnies being shown in a pet class or the main show?

Ive been teaching him and he stays still, hes being shown in a main show :)

I am assuming he is rung and you are a member of the brc then?

Make sure you put him some nice hay in to munch and dont forget a water bottle.

I again assume you have got him from a breeder different types of rabbits need different types of grooming before a show and the breeder you got himfrom should help you with these techniques if you ask. :D

Hes a blue dutch :D He is rung but his breeder isnt really into showing much but ive been talking to a few other breeders who have and had a look at him to make sure his marking were good enough too. Will phone them up and ask them as im use to showing horses not rabbits :lol:

Hes a blue dutch :D He is rung but his breeder isnt really into showing much but ive been talking to a few other breeders who have and had a look at him to make sure his marking were good enough too. Will phone them up and ask them as im use to showing horses not rabbits :lol:

Where do you live? You will need to make sure he is really clean. That is the main thing

Back