• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mables poorly/ UD she's gone :(

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Mables acting really weird, she keeps laying down and getting back up constantly. she doesnt look in pain just unable to get comfy. she is pooing a bit and peeing, although she just peed where she was laid. she hasnt wanted any pellets but she did take a treat earlier.

I thought she was overheated but shes cool now and still acting weird, any ideas?

Last edited:
Mables acting really weird, she keeps laying down and getting back up constantly. she doesnt look in pain just unable to get comfy. she is pooing a bit and peeing, although she just peed where she was laid. she hasnt wanted any pellets but she did take a treat earlier.

I thought she was overheated but shes cool now and still acting weird, any ideas?

Sounds like she has some tummy pain. They are very typical symptoms before a stasis episode, lying down and then getting back up.... urinating where they are lying...unusual places are indicators of pain...

How does her tummy feel...

Sounds like she has some tummy pain. They are very typical symptoms before a stasis episode, lying down and then getting back up.... urinating where they are lying...unusual places are indicators of pain...

How does her tummy feel...

Her tummy feels fine, and she didn't seem bothered when I felt her tummy or anything.
I guess I'm going to the vets tomorrow

Her tummy feels fine, and she didn't seem bothered when I felt her tummy or anything.
I guess I'm going to the vets tomorrow

You may find that she might just have a little bit of gas, and it might pass in a few hours... Phoebe has done this to me a few times, same symptoms and a few hours later she has been fine but I usually have her on some metacam and zantac. If she doesn't mind you touching her tummy I would give her some gentle stomach massages, and keep her warm. Keep an eye on her eating and try and offer her anything that will tempt her to eat!

She is STUNNING by the way! I Love her ears!!!!! I can't believe she is a lop!!

You may find that she might just have a little bit of gas, and it might pass in a few hours... Phoebe has done this to me a few times, same symptoms and a few hours later she has been fine but I usually have her on some metacam and zantac. If she doesn't mind you touching her tummy I would give her some gentle stomach massages, and keep her warm. Keep an eye on her eating and try and offer her anything that will tempt her to eat!

She is STUNNING by the way! I Love her ears!!!!! I can't believe she is a lop!!

Well I put her onto my bed coz I was wanting to see if she'd poo or wee, and she did both so I know that's a good sign. My mam's gonna go pick her some dandelion leaves in a minute to try and tempt her. I don't wanna be touching her too much or be too close all the time coz I've got a cold and I don't know if they can catch them?
Would you say that if by 9am tomorrow if she's still bad, get her to the vets first thing?

She is bloody gorgeous :) She's kept her baby face too, she still looks so young apart from loppy!

Well I put her onto my bed coz I was wanting to see if she'd poo or wee, and she did both so I know that's a good sign. My mam's gonna go pick her some dandelion leaves in a minute to try and tempt her. I don't wanna be touching her too much or be too close all the time coz I've got a cold and I don't know if they can catch them?
Would you say that if by 9am tomorrow if she's still bad, get her to the vets first thing?

She is bloody gorgeous :) She's kept her baby face too, she still looks so young apart from loppy!

No they can't catch human colds....

yeah, if she is like this first thing you will need to take her to the vet. They go down hill very very quickly so you will need to keep a really close eye on her. It's so typical that it happens late at night! Can you hear any noises from her tummy if you put your ear right against it...

She is really really cute, she looks like her dad...they were both very small rabbits so I can't see her growing for much longer!

No they can't catch human colds....

yeah, if she is like this first thing you will need to take her to the vet. They go down hill very very quickly so you will need to keep a really close eye on her. It's so typical that it happens late at night! Can you hear any noises from her tummy if you put your ear right against it...

She is really really cute, she looks like her dad...they were both very small rabbits so I can't see her growing for much longer!

Oh, that's good.
I couldn't hear anything when she was laid next to me, but I didn't get right close to check. She was comfy in the bedroom area of the hutch when I put her in so I don't wanna keep annoying her...
Could it be heatstroke? My room was really warm earlier on. I put the fan onto the hutch so they'd get some cool air but I might have done it too late?

I think she's stopped growing now, she's been this size for a good few weeks anyway... She had one sudden growth spurt and that was it!

awww hun.. when did she last eat? did you try infacol and making her run about?

She ate her pellets last night, and I saw her eating hay earlier today, and she had a treat when she started being a bit strange, but still moving about.
I don't have infacol, I've never had to take my buns to the vets for any illness/medication before... I got her on my bed but she just wanted to lay down (which is REALLY weird for her)

She took the dandilion leaf off me, but just to throw it to one side so I couldn't keep offering her it :(

She ate her pellets last night, and I saw her eating hay earlier today, and she had a treat when she started being a bit strange, but still moving about.
I don't have infacol, I've never had to take my buns to the vets for any illness/medication before... I got her on my bed but she just wanted to lay down (which is REALLY weird for her)

chase her about hun, and if your near a supermarket infacol is great for clearing a tummy ache... i think youll either have to get her to a vets tonight or start getting water into her by syringing sooner or later..

Alvin always starts off uncomfortable and it either leads to being admitted and put on a drip or just abit of gas that needs shifting... if she isnt better in a few hours then it would be quite certainly Stasis and thats really not good at all... Alvin was very close to death that once when he had to go to hospital as i wasnt getting enough water into him

sending loads of vibes xxxxx

chase her about hun, and if your near a supermarket infacol is great for clearing a tummy ache... i think youll either have to get her to a vets tonight or start getting water into her by syringing sooner or later..

Alvin always starts off uncomfortable and it either leads to being admitted and put on a drip or just abit of gas that needs shifting... if she isnt better in a few hours then it would be quite certainly Stasis and thats really not good at all... Alvin was very close to death that once when he had to go to hospital as i wasnt getting enough water into him

sending loads of vibes xxxxx

We don't have one nearby that's open at this time at all :( I'll try get her to run about my bed in a few minutes, she can walk about but just doesn't want to. I've put a bowl of water infront of her incase she finds it easier than their bottle, but she doesn't seem bothered. I'll be staying up all night with her probably and taking her into the vets at 9am.

I doubt we have a syringe to get water into her... Any other way of doing it?

We don't have one nearby that's open at this time at all :( I'll try get her to run about my bed in a few minutes, she can walk about but just doesn't want to. I've put a bowl of water infront of her incase she finds it easier than their bottle, but she doesn't seem bothered. I'll be staying up all night with her probably and taking her into the vets at 9am.

oh dear :( i have no idea how to get water into a bunny without a syringe but honestly she really needs it... Alvin was off his food on the morning, went to the vets on the afternoon and got a gut stimulant that didnt work and was at deaths door by 10pm that night.. so in 12 hours he was critical...

if you cant get water into her and you cant get her eating i really think you need to get her to the emergancy vets... not trying to scare you hun but ive seen how bad it can be and was really lucky the vets now vet was very rabbit savvy.. i wouldnt leave it as long again

Do you have a 24 hr tescos or supermarket.. they will sell infacol. I'm not sure if the pharmacy part would be open for syringes though...

She definitely has some sort of pain.. Can you soak some of her pellets in cooled boiled water to see if she will be more tempted to eat...

Do you have a 24 hr tescos or supermarket.. they will sell infacol. I'm not sure if the pharmacy part would be open for syringes though...

She definitely has some sort of pain.. Can you soak some of her pellets in cooled boiled water to see if she will be more tempted to eat...

I've tried getting her to eat everything she normally goes mad for, and she just wont. She's grabbing it in her mouth and tossing it to one side.
She had a run about and she can still jump but she just doesn't want to. She managed to get onto her shelf and jump over a pile of stuff onto my bookcase

I've tried getting her to eat everything she normally goes mad for, and she just wont. She's grabbing it in her mouth and tossing it to one side.
She had a run about and she can still jump but she just doesn't want to. She managed to get onto her shelf and jump over a pile of stuff onto my bookcase

What time did she start behaving oddly....

I've got her on the chair next to me now, I've left Charlie in the hutch. I know you shouldn't split them but he has ramdom bouts of humping and I don't want that so...
She's breathing normally, her eyes are still bright, her poos were fine when she did them, and she doesn't feel too warm or too cold.
Her tummy feels totally normal, she doesn't look bloated and she isn't in pain when I tough her or anything and she did a proper happy flop onto her side :?

Back