• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does she need a dental? Rabbit savvy vets in Leeds?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Noonoo had a lump on her neck. I took her to the vets and they said skin cancer and book her in asap to get it removed, which i did for the next day. then i go to pick her up and they said oh it was an abcess and it just fell off (but somehow still charged £40). they said shes got a few more growing under her neck. i asked if they checked her teeth as i think this is what it could be but they said no. they didn't really explain to me what to do with her, can any of you help me?
shes 5 yrs old now.

Asking so i can take her to a different vet..
Please recommend

Last edited:
ooh definately. Edit your post title to your area & vet recomendation. Abcesses don't just fall off! They may burst but will still need treatment on going for several weeks as will any other abcesses that she may have. If she has multiple then she may be suffering from pasturella. I'd be a bit worried about a vet that diagnosed a lump as skin cancer in a bunny which then turned out to be an abcess. Cancer lumps and abcess feel very different and I imagine that skin cancer in bunnies is very rare indeed. There are also a few other things that cause lumps and bumps like nodular mixi and syphalis so I'd want to get those ruled out too....especially if it "droppped off"

ooh definately. Edit your post title to your area & vet recomendation. Abcesses don't just fall off! They may burst but will still need treatment on going for several weeks as will any other abcesses that she may have. If she has multiple then she may be suffering from pasturella. I'd be a bit worried about a vet that diagnosed a lump as skin cancer in a bunny which then turned out to be an abcess. Cancer lumps and abcess feel very different and I imagine that skin cancer in bunnies is very rare indeed. There are also a few other things that cause lumps and bumps like nodular mixi and syphalis so I'd want to get those ruled out too....especially if it "droppped off"

There is a couple more. They started off pinkish then turn black and kind of crusty and then just crumble away. its really wierd and they appear really quick.
Will ask about vets

that doesn't really sounds like an abcess. You definately need a bunny savy vet to take a look at her. Do you have any photos?

They are all in bed for the night but will get one for tomorrow. Having a search on the internet and i can't find anything similar. She is eating fine too.

Try Holly House on Moortown Corner...ask for Sarah Brown, I found her helpful with Sorrel's abcess and related dental issues.

Back