• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In a bit of a pickle.........Dental/spay

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Fudge is getting her spay done along with her teeth done a week on Tuesday. The vet choose that day as he is off and is going to come in to spend some time with her and check her insides while doing the spay to make sure everything is ok.

Only thing is i think she needs a dental sooner.....She is eating weird and is dropping bits of food on occasion. The vet had a look at her teeth last Monday and couldnt see any visable spurs although he couldnt see at the very back!

Whats the best thing to do? As i cant get her teeth done next week then get her spay the following week....its too many GA's close together but if she gets spayed next week with her teeth she wont get a good examination and it wont be the rabbit savvy vet doing the surgery?

Should i phone the vet and ask whats best to do?

I'm not an expert but buns need a full tummy for a GA so if your bun isn't eating properly to get that full tum then i'd be concerned. IMO the teeth problem is more important than the spey at this time.

Back