• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i really want bonded buns

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
i know everyone has told me before and all but i see so many loved up buns and i really want that for my girls. i hoping that when the runs are made that ted and ralph get used to the site of each other and if i see them lying beside each other i will deffo get them bonded. but i've little resourches over hear and it's depressing. feel so down about it, i can't possible have two buns that'll never love. ive noticed to that when i go into to see ted she runs over and grooms her teddy rabbit like for reasurance. *sigh* maybe someday. noone has to reply to this, just need it off my chest.

I'd just neuter/spay everyone, whack 'em on neutral territory & go for it:D

With a glass of wine for you

they all are, petal attacked ted leaving me with a £119 bill to stitch her back up then i tried ralph with petal and she nearly castrated him. i just seem to have nightmare buns in this department. i see all the lovely buns cuddled up together and it looks lovely and they look happy, petal sits and stares out at the garden and looks so lonely but i've tried with her. sorry ranting on here :oops: i just don't get it at all.

they all are, petal attacked ted leaving me with a £119 bill to stitch her back up then i tried ralph with petal and she nearly castrated him. i just seem to have nightmare buns in this department. i see all the lovely buns cuddled up together and it looks lovely and they look happy, petal sits and stares out at the garden and looks so lonely but i've tried with her. sorry ranting on here :oops: i just don't get it at all.

Oh.

Well instead of trying th living near each other beforehand method, can you try the, can't see each other at all for several weeks method?

I had Nicky's (P Prod UK), buns here. Angel - who does NOT live up to her name:lol: tried to kill Poppy when I was trying to bond into a 4. Then she tried to kill Blake when trying to be a twosome - I had them about 3 weeks & it wasn't happening:oops: Nicky took them back for a few weeks - 6 I think:? & kept them totally away from each other, so they couldn't even SEE each other.

Then they (Angel & Blake) came here. No humping. No chasing. They were loved up within about 30 mins. Nicky & me were a bit :shock::shock::shock:

aw glad it worked out for them. well ted used to live above petal but then i converted the shed and now ralph and ted are living beside each other, they can't really touch each other but can see each other. the other prob is my house is so tiny i've no neutrual territory. can't help feeling i've screwed everything up for them. :(

aw glad it worked out for them. well ted used to live above petal but then i converted the shed and now ralph and ted are living beside each other, they can't really touch each other but can see each other. the other prob is my house is so tiny i've no neutrual territory. can't help feeling i've screwed everything up for them. :(

You haven't - they shouldn't have been difficult!:lol:

You could "neutralise" an area. Just stop using it for anybun for a few weeks:D Or buy an indoor cage & keep 'em in your house for a week as you bond.

thanks angie. well i'll have to wait for a while cos my husband is sick hearing about it and sick seeing injured rabbits from it, ralph has weight to put on. the rescue that i got ralph from only does initial bonds but don't keep them for any time. the only thing to do would be to get an indoor cage, and take them both up and let the girl from the rescue put them together and then hopefully bring them home in the indoor cage. just want to see them happy. thanks angie for the advice, you sound like you know what your doing :thumb:

thanks angie. well i'll have to wait for a while cos my husband is sick hearing about it and sick seeing injured rabbits from it, ralph has weight to put on. the rescue that i got ralph from only does initial bonds but don't keep them for any time. the only thing to do would be to get an indoor cage, and take them both up and let the girl from the rescue put them together and then hopefully bring them home in the indoor cage. just want to see them happy. thanks angie for the advice, you sound like you know what your doing :thumb:

No - I've just experimented & got it wrong enough:oops::lol::lol:

I sympathise hun, we only had Ruby here for a week, and I couldn't keep two buns seperately as we only have a diddy flat, so when the bonding failed I had to take her back. It was onl the next days we noticed Beau's wound, and now over a week on we're still having daily fights to get meds in him, and he seems to hate me now :( Someone on here is bonding at the moment, and I'm so pleased for her that it's gone well, but I'm so jealous, I want that for my baby boy!! It breaks my heart, I feel like it's all my fault!

Back