• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At what age are rabbits fully grown?

Dylans_Mam

Warren Scout
Hi everyone,

This is probably a silly question. Its just that Dylan is about a year old now and I am sure he is still growing, he looks bigger every day, hehe.

It depends on his breed really but i have found they can contunie to grow until there about 2 especially the larger breeds and they also seem to change shape as they get older?

It depends on his breed really but i have found they can contunie to grow until there about 2 especially the larger breeds and they also seem to change shape as they get older?

We have established that he is a cashmere lop, i don't think he is a big rabbit. I have notices his bot getting bigger, hehe :love:

this is a great question because i was just abnout to ask it!

so about 1 to 2 then? little 14 week old ruby has a long way to go then!

I'm not sure. I'd guess it does vary from breed to breed...

But I adopted Barney and he didn't grow so much as sort of fill out and get more muscly? :lol: He was a scrawny looking thing when he first arrived! Not because he was thin, he just looked sort of lanky and not mature.

In show-circles rabbits are generally considered adults by 6 months, and should not be bred before 6-8 months. (not to recommend breeding or anything but I generally take the earliest recommended breeding age in an animal as the "adult age") Giant breeds may grow for longer times though.
I consider smaller-medium sized breeds adults at 8 months.

Back