PDA

View Full Version : At what age are rabbits fully grown?

Dylans_Mam
29-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone,

This is probably a silly question. Its just that Dylan is about a year old now and I am sure he is still growing, he looks bigger every day, hehe.

Phill
29-05-2009, 12:33 PM
It depends on his breed really but i have found they can contunie to grow until there about 2 especially the larger breeds and they also seem to change shape as they get older?

Dylans_Mam
29-05-2009, 12:38 PM
It depends on his breed really but i have found they can contunie to grow until there about 2 especially the larger breeds and they also seem to change shape as they get older?

We have established that he is a cashmere lop, i don't think he is a big rabbit. I have notices his bot getting bigger, hehe :love:

beki
29-05-2009, 08:01 PM
this is a great question because i was just abnout to ask it!

so about 1 to 2 then? little 14 week old ruby has a long way to go then!

casu consulto
29-05-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure. I'd guess it does vary from breed to breed...

But I adopted Barney and he didn't grow so much as sort of fill out and get more muscly? :lol: He was a scrawny looking thing when he first arrived! Not because he was thin, he just looked sort of lanky and not mature.

ZakuraRabbit
30-05-2009, 12:31 AM
In show-circles rabbits are generally considered adults by 6 months, and should not be bred before 6-8 months. (not to recommend breeding or anything but I generally take the earliest recommended breeding age in an animal as the "adult age") Giant breeds may grow for longer times though.
I consider smaller-medium sized breeds adults at 8 months.