• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wild rabbits & ec

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
am i being really dim today (can blame the sunshine) or would the wild rabbits in my garden show signs of ec if there were active spores around?:?

They can be active & not have symptoms. And some of the symptoms would be hard to see if not close up- cateracts/incontinence etc.

there is little evidence to suggets that there is EC in the wild rabbit population so it is not something you have to worry about :D

thanks - feel a bit daft worrying about the wildies too:oops: its lovely sitting in the garden watching 5 babies playing follow the leader tho:D

Thats what it say in the article on EC in the latest edition of Rabbiting On :wave:

thats good news:D i'm a little confused tho as to why wild rabbits wouldn't succumb but a pet running on the same garden could be at risk:? that's my next reading mission - inquisitive nature:roll:

Back