• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No ringworm vibes please! U/D back from the vets

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
My tiny baby wildie has started to lose hair on his neck, back and head, and the skin looks pink and crusty, so he's off to the vet tonight. My first thought is ringworm...so please keep your fingers crossed that it isn't! :shock:

Dominic is also off to the vets because I found a small pus-filled cyst/abscess on his willy last night. I squeezed most of the pus out but I think he might need antibiotics to clear it up :(

Last edited:
Hmmm, back from the vets but still don't know the cause. The vet seems to think that fur mites are more likely, so has treated with ivermectin. The affected area didn't glow under a wood's lamp so ringworm is less likely but still a possibility, so I've got to treat him with surolan as well.

Poor little bunster :(

Ooops...forgot to update on Dom's poorly willy :oops:

The vet thought the pus-filled thingy was a pustulle/spot rather than a proper abscess, so he's got to have it cleaned out and bathed in salt water, then an antibiotic cream applied.

Why do my rabbits always get ill at the same time? :roll:

Awwwwwww poor Dom's willy and baby wildies iffy skin :cry:

This may sound daft but could baby wildie have eczema as a result of a milk allergy :? Could that be why he's stopped taking milk feeds, like he sort of 'knows'..............:?

Or perhaps I have totally lost the plot.................:oops:

Awwwwwww poor Dom's willy and baby wildies iffy skin :cry:

This may sound daft but could baby wildie have eczema as a result of a milk allergy :? Could that be why he's stopped taking milk feeds, like he sort of 'knows'..............:?

Or perhaps I have totally lost the plot.................:oops:

I did actually wonder about this Jane! As a precaution I've switched to normal goats milk rather than lactol gold kitten.

I did also wonder about scald from the milk dribbling onto his skin because the fur loss started on his face, but he's been quite clean recently, and I can't see quite how he'd end up with scald on his BACK!

Back