• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please help! need some advice

AbbyB

New Kit
just wondered if i could get some advice on what to do with my rabbits!

about a month ago we got two new 10 week old rabbits called poppy and daisy. just over a week later we got two more a bit younger called molly and marley. when we got the new ones we put them both in the big run with the other two and they have been getting on fine untill now, today when i was out daisy attacked marley and cut him a few times so we took her out straight away and put her in her hutch.

i was wondereing what i should do now, should i risk putting her back in with them or will she just do it again. i dont want any of them getting hurt again so just thought i would ask what you all think i should do.

could it just be that they all need to be done before we put them all back in together?

:?

What sexes are they? Are any of your buns neutered? I wouldn't put any of them together until they are, or at least the boys have been. They can be fertile from about 12 weeks and you could end up with many more buns on your hands!

Also bonding buns is slightly more complicated than just putting them all in together! Even at a young age!

Last edited:
[
3 of them are female and 1 male, it was a female that attacked the male.

ok so the two girls would be ready now but the other two are only about 10 weeks now so when do you think i should get them all neutered?

do you think i should get them all neutered first before i attempt to put them all back in together?

The girls can't be spade until about 5 months, the boy bun can be done as soon as his bit drop which is usually at about 12 weeks I believe. In the meantime you need to separate your boy from his female friend or you may find yourself with more bunnies!

Bunnies can be very territorial and they don't always like other buns on their patch! If I were you I would leave your pair of girls together for now and then get them spade when the time comes.

Your boy/girl you need to keep separately until 6 weeks after the boy is neutered, you could then attempt a bond, or, wait until your other girl can be spade and bond them then. (Serparation during spaying your girl may break the bond anyway so it may be best to wait to save doing it twice!)

If you want a group bond I would definitely advise the latter. This may not be easy though! It really depends on the temperment of the bunnies!

Last edited:
ok so i got a bit longer to wait then!
thanks for the advice. ive never had more than one rabbit at a time before so this is all a bit new to me. my mum noes a bit more though as she used to have 32 at one point!

Blimey! Lets hope you don't end up with more than 4!

I really can't stress enough the importance of taking your boy out.

Good luck! :)

Back