• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do with the bunnies

Lillian

Warren Veteran
I'm stuck on what to do with my little girls, they are 10 weeks old at the moment, one is going to live with Sweep (hes already neutered) the other is going to live indoors with James (hes been neutered next week).

They are very nervous bunnies, if you attempt to pick them up they are like wild bunnies, they growl, thump, wriggle and kick, they are absolutely terrified. I decided to keep them together in my bedroom to get them more tame, the only problem is Milly has taken to biting Buttercup if she gets scared or annoyed.

I have a hutch outside that i can move Milly into, until she can live with Sweep the only thing is i am worried if she doesnt get enough handling etc now she might permanently be scared of humans. I dont have anywhere else for her to be indoors.. If i had family or anyone who could take her for a few weeks to raise her indoors then i'd do that but there isn't anyone.

Whats my options? :?

Sophie is like that dispite regular handline/contact from me and my OH, she was under the stairs for 5 months, so was 'used' to us she just dispises being picked up.

She has become better since being bonded into the foursome, just beacuse Charlie and Autumn are so human orientated, and run to the front of the cage, Sophie and Granite seem to join in.

I manage to get checks on them done, but they will never be cuddly bunnies!

ETA, Just looked at that and thought yeah and your point is!

My point is that some bunnies just don't want to be picked up, and no matter how much you do pick them up, they will still act like you are about to gobble them up, so maybe just stick with the what you have (4 seperate bunnies) rather than, sending one to live somewhere else, even temp.

Last edited:
I know bunnies are prey animals and its natural to fear things grabbing them from above - so most bunnies dont like to be picked up but the reason i posted was because shes terrified of any human contact, if you approach she thumps and growl etc.. As shes a german lop shes going to be a big girl and the last thing i want is a frightened aggressive big bunny.

Buttercup was the same when i got them on saturday but shes calmed down and is more relaxed around people, i really hoped seeing Buttercup relaxed would help Milly but it doesnt seem to be. And anytime Milly gets scared she takes it out on Buttercup :?

Back