• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini rex owners....LOOK HERE...!

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
:wave:

I am entering my mini rex lynx in a pet show class on Sunday. His coat does not looks its best at the moment as i think he is starting to molt. He is a bit clumpy. What are your techniques for grooming a mini rex? Some people say do not brush just wipe there coat over with a damp cloth! What would you say is the best way to get him looking as beautiful as usual?
:love:

Thank you.

Thanks i will defo try that, hopefully that will work, iv also read about people using a lint roller :shock: on there fur to gently pull the lose fur out also helps with minimising the risk of fur balls to the rabbit.

yeah wet hands work for me. i wouldnt use a lint roller incase it stuck too well and pulled the fur out. good luck at the show!

On a few websites on the internet it says that it is important to groom your rabbits because they can not be sick like cats and dogs, e.t.c they can get fur balls from licking themself but becasue they can not sick it up it can choke them. Please correct me if im wrong, just what ive read :D

Good luck in the pet show, I love entering them :D
Anyway, a rubber washing up glove works great for molting rabbits. If there are any slightly long patches, then you can very gently tug on them. If they are loose, they should come out.

Back