• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns have a pet...!

natandfluffs

Alpha Buck
How much did this freak me out...

Just cleaning out litter trays and went to squash this little fly, which flew up the the corner near a web...

And this HUGE spider came jumping out at it. No joke, its a giant, one that will have me running screaming. And I did get out of there pretty quick.

My camera battery has died but will try and get a pic on later.

Think I'm going to *try* to let them keep it. He is doing a good job after all...

I have huge spiders in the playhouse. I used to go out and there would be a web above my head. I just thought well they eat flies they can stay.

:shock::shock: i'm terrified of spiders.i put my hand in the bag of guinea pig food the other day and found one in there, nearly passed out:?

Yeah my phobia goes back to getting hay for a bun when I was a kid and then seeing that one had dropped onto my shoulder....

Didn't realised I'd squealed, but apparantly I did as a neighbour popped her head over :oops:

Her son has named the spider Boris and they're giggling at me. But yeah, as he eats flies, he'll stay (until he lands on my shoulder...)

Yeah my phobia goes back to getting hay for a bun when I was a kid and then seeing that one had dropped onto my shoulder....

Didn't realised I'd squealed, but apparantly I did as a neighbour popped her head over :oops:

Her son has named the spider Boris and they're giggling at me. But yeah, as he eats flies, he'll stay (until he lands on my shoulder...)

I hate spiders to I remember once dreaming about a huge spider and when I pulled the covers back on my bed there was a huge spider in bed with. It was very difficult to get to sleep for a few nights after that I can tell you. :shock:

OMG they are my worst nightmare, I literally have nightmares about them they freak me out:shock::shock:

OMG i hate spiders i had a dream once that i went to kick a spider on the wall but cause iwas dreaming i kicked the wall next to my bed and broke my toe :shock:

mine goes back 20 + years ago when i was out for a walk and jumped down a banking into some long grass and as i landed what seemed like a hundred spiders got catapulted into the air and landed on my legs. i was just a little hysterical :roll:

OMG! I hate spiders! If I get a spider on me I have to jump in the shower straight away to make sure its gone! Not sure I could let one live in the hutch however good they are for keeping the flies away. Would have to get hubby to get rid of it though!

Oh god what awful stories... having them catapulted onto your legs :shock:

Just been out to feed them and I'm all itchy now...

Our old buns, Molly & Dizzy, has a huge spider that lived with them for months. My OH named him "Johnson" ... he did a great jobs with the flies! x

Haha... hope your mum doesn't mind them!!

Boris is safe until he does something naughty.... though I'd prefer it if he stays in the corner.

Already had to shake my hair off and strip off to make sure he's not in my clothes :shock::oops:

Off for that shower now....

Feel reassured that I'm not the only one tolerating the beasties for bunnies sake though!

Back