• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly had a little injury today!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
:cry:

Poor Molly with her hocks, she's goes through enough already, but today she caught her hock on a bit of wire (not sharp or anything, just the wire that was attached to the run), and sliced her skin. There was a small trail of blood in the run, and when I got her, it was still fresh. I wiped the wound and cleaned it as much as I could to prevent infection, and she's now in a clean hutch. She's not limping and stands perfectly well on it, so unless it develops further, she won't be going to the vet. (obviously, if it became infected etc, then I would ;)). If the wound hasn't scabbed over by tomorrow morning, then she'll be staying the hutch tomorrow as the soil could cause infection if she went in the run. She's quite a good healer so should be right as rain in no time, but I hate to see blood from my animals. :cry: Thankfully it wasn't from their urine/faeces, but this is still not nice. The wound isn't too deep, about 2mm at most.

At the moment, vets are only emergencies cos of a personal issue (won't state it here). It looked awful to start with, but once it was cleaned up, it was really quite small and she's in a clean environment, so there's not much the vet can do as she's happy in herself, clean wound and clean environment.

Poor Molly.
Personally, I can only advise you reconsider taking her to the vet. With her hocks already sore the risk of germs getting into the wound and causing infection is great. I think antibiotics and painkillers are a must.
I'm not having a go, just worried for Molly :)

I would take her to the vets when you can... thats me though and im a paranoid bunny mum :oops:

The soonest I could take her (non-emergency) is Monday, so if it starts looking bad, then we'll go. If she needs treatment, she'll get it, but now, I wouldn't want to stress her out when she's fine.

Poor Molly.
Personally, I can only advise you reconsider taking her to the vet. With her hocks already sore the risk of germs getting into the wound and causing infection is great. I think antibiotics and painkillers are a must.
I'm not having a go, just worried for Molly :)

Yes I know, but I will keep a very close eye on it (like three-four times a day) and if it starts getting any infection, inflamed, ANYTHING, we'll go the vet. But right now, it's ok, and I'd rather let her heal it on her own if she can. If she can't then we'll help her. :)

This morning, clean scab but still delicate so she's staying in today to prevent any infection. I also cleaned the hutch out too so that was clean for today. Not inflammed, swollen, red etc. Looks really good, so hopefully, she'll keep on healing it. :)

Back