• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo - Back home but still not right:(

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
I know there are a lot of poorly bunnies out there, but if you could spare a few vibes for Milo. Same old story he was fine this morning, then we went out for most of the day, I came home about 4.00 checked on them - they were all okay, went out to take their veg about 5.30 and Milo didn't want to know. Tried him with dandelions, etc he managed a couple of pellets, a nibble of a piece of carrot and 1 dandelion leaf.
We got to the vets just before closing - his teeth are fine, but his tum is slightly hard again, he's had pain relief and gut stimulant and he looked more relaxed about 7.00. Just been to check on him and he's tucking into hay.:D
Annie the vet thinks it's caused because he bolts his food down too quick:? I feel so bad as this is the 2nd episode in about 5 weeks:? She said to cut his pellets down, so now he will only get them in the treat ball, that should slow him down:?

Thanks

Sue

Last edited:
Awwwwwww poor lad :cry:

I hope he will continue to feel OK now and that he wont be such a piggy with his pellets.

He's bonded with Twinkle and although I put their food in separate dishes Milo gulps his down and always nudges her out the way - I bought a bigger dish on Sunday thinking she might stand a better chance of getting her share:roll: Now I think I will separate them when they have food so I can monitor his intake:?

loads of vibes heading his way... xxxxxxxxxx

just when we think weve got this stasis thing beat it jumps up an bites us right on the ass huh :evil:

I've taken him back this morning and they have admitted him:( He seems to be struggling to eat, almost like he has a sore throat, and he's only doing small poos, which aren't very often:(
The vet is putting under GA to check his back teeth:(

Have got to ring back after 12.00

SENDING VIBES FOR MILO
cid_5_237274522web87005_mail_ird_ya.gif

Well we are back home, but he's got to go back tomorrow.
He's had a GA and Rachael the vet said that a molar had a tiny spur, so she's removed that, but she didn't think that would have given him enough pain to stop him eating - all bunnies have different pain levels so perhaps Milo's is low:roll:
He's not eaten since he came home about an hour ago, but he has poo'ed. He's moving about and Twinkle is fussing him.
Rachael wants to see him again tomorrow just in case there are any underlying problems with his gut, he's been given pain relief and stimulant, so all I can do is wait and tempt him with his favourite foods.
I'm just giving him a little time to settle and then I will try some dandelions, he's not very trustworthy of me at the moment since I keep taking him to the vets:?

Sue x

Back