• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit is taking all the food

Maria786

Warren Scout
I observed the behaviour of my rabbits yesterday and Peter (my original rabbit) has been taking his wife's food. My daughter noticed it first, and so I thought I would watch them from the window when they come near the food plate to see what they do. And sure enough, florence the new rabbit (peter's wife) didn't even get a sniff of the plate of veggies. He ate the lot and when she would try and take something, he would nudge her.

So I went and grabbed a piece of broccoli to feed to florence, and she came to eat from my hand. So bloody Peter, seeing this, came over and tried to get the broccoli from my hand. :censored:

He is so greedy! What shall I do? She looks fine, and grazes on grass all day. He gets the pellets and veggies when they arrive. I don't know how to handle this situation. They are bonded btw and live in their own house outside.

Seperate plates at opposite end of the enclosure, or simply scattering the food, should help, as will handfeeding her while he is distracted :)

I have the same problem. My little boy is the BIGGEST pig ever and my new girlie (only newly bonded) is very timid and picks at her food. I distract Archie and give him his food on the higher tier and give Summer her food on the lower tier. If he finishes first (which he normally does!) I let him out for a few cuddles but so thet she can see him. This seems to work and at least she is getting some food.

Back