• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit vets...

HCB

Warren Scout
Ok, it was suggested to me to post a thread asking if anyone knows of any good rabbit vets in my areas??

Im in lancashire, around Lancaster city. Currently i go to Bay vets, they have 3 in our area, and have been recommended to me by the breeder i got one of my bunns from 7 years ago.

I dont really know of any vets around here, we used to go to one at carnforth but its a bit of a treak, and they were RUBBISH with bunnies, but great with our cat.

The vet i usually get is normally great, and theyv all seen one of my buns for dental problems before, so id most lilely stick with them for most things, but im wanting a vet thats good at diagnostic problems? My bun is on her 3rd "unusal" thing at the moment, the other two we never found out what they were, and i have a feeling we wont with this oen either, but theyv all occured since january, which makes me think they may be linked in someway, which worries me, so i think a new set of ideas from a rabbit savvy vet would be best! So any ideas?

LMAO! maybe...Maybe we're just behind on the times up here, "whats this...the internet...and i can find information out on here?..."lol.

Luckily i had my regular vet today and she seemed to be doing things that you and others have suggested, so thats reassured me a bit! If they dont get her a diagnosis again i think i will go and get a second opinion, see if a different vet has a different perspective, it seems to be a bit too incoincidental to be a coincidence!lol.

I know my vet has phoned another vet in edinburgh before for advise, so at least shes tries, the same with the metacam, she phoned one to double check the doses for buns. To be honest, i dont see a lot of bunnies at the vets, not just this one but others iv been to, lots of cats and dogs but rarely buns, so im not sure how many cases they get! I know one of my mums friends got her husband to shoot her bun when it got fly strike and had maggorts, i was absolutely disguisted, firstly she should have noticed it before it got that serious, and secondly at least take it to the vets to be put down humainly! Theres no way i could do that to mine, the amount of money iv spent on their vets bills is crazy, i even used to take my hamster when i was younger!lol.

Back