• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rug chewing

Rachel89

Mama Doe
My bunny comes inside to run around etc, as I dont want him to go outside yet untill his had his vhd vacc next week.
He has tonnes of toys, all different kinds, lots of wood toys,willow things etc.
But he just gets some of the rug and bites it and trys to chew it up.

How can I discourage this behaviour?

He chews/plays with all his things for first 30mins and whens his in his hutch he plays with all of his things so its not that he doesnt like them, just rugs are more fun and everything else cant compare :roll:

William does this a lot. He's learned what "no" means and that he's not supposed to chew rugs, but as soon as my back turns he's nibbling away. Only to sit up as if nothings going on when I look at him!

I've found that an empty shoebox on the rug is a good distraction. I still have to watch him, but it helps keep him occupied most of the time!

I cover my rug with a throw.....then i turn around and the have pulled it away and are chewing away happily :roll:, they do a neat job though and pull the fibres right from the bottom!!!

Back