• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

foxes

ilovemybuns

Alpha Buck
how high can foxes jump?
i have a 8ft fench,they cant dig under i have a concreted garden .i think we are completely bunny/fox proof.just want to be sure.
thanks in advance dee xx

No garden is completely Foxproof
A Fox can easily climb an 8ft fence.

Personally I would never leave a Rabbit unsupervised free range in the garden

I have a similar size fence at the back. A fox or cat can easily get in. I do have free range buns, but they can only be outside when I'm supervising:D

I have seen a fox get into my garden by jumping and then hooking onto the trellice (sp) at the top and using it to climb, like a ladder. Anouther time my neighbours had somthing leaning up against the fence on their side. A fox used it to walk up then jumped into my garden.

They are clever animals and if they want to get your buns they will find a way.

I used to think my garden was fox proof and let my buns free range most of the time. At night they had a zooplus metal run.
Then one night a fox got in (first time I saw one in the garden) and it was awful to hear the buns running around screaming and thumping for their lives. Thanks to my cat and me hearing the buns screaming I got to the buns before the fox could catch them. I would never have been able to live with myself if anything had happened.
The fox had managed to smash it's way into the heavy metal run and the buns were running around the garden screaming.
So please take care and never trust Mr Fox!

I would never take the risk tbh. As others have said, I doubt an 8ft fence would be a barrier to a determined fox - they're pretty much as agile as cats but with the strength of a dog.

My two are never left out in the garden on their own if they have free range, not even for 5 mins if I need a wee. :oops: It's not worth the potential risk.

sorry guys i think you have misunderstood..my buns dont free range they are in hutch run combos.they do have free range time when im in the garden.
again i was going of bad advice..
anyway i have never seen a fox(im not saying there arnt any).we do have cats around the neighbourhood but i have got stuff to detere them and i also have dogs.
anyway i will still be vigilant.
thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Back