• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting a rabbit out of a hole (Out again)

ZakuraRabbit

Mama Doe
Seriously...this is getting kind of urgent cuz I would have liked to have him back in the shed before I go to bed (which I should have done already)
Cloud's in a hole under the shed, he refuses to come out, he won't take food for me and frankly he's terrified of me.
He's too far in for me to get him out. I have tried to block the holes but obviously it wasn't enough:?
Right now there's a track of carrots in front of the hole leading to the shed-door (Where also Zakura is waiting, though locked up in the hutch to prevent HER from going down there too...) and he hasn't touched it

The bunny went in on his own and is reunited with his girlfriend (who almost ran out as I was closing the door:roll: Sorry Zakura. Not tonight)

Last edited:
Personally, I would just lay there and wait. Buns are naturally curious, so he will come out to investigate eventually. You might want to tempt him with something a bit more savory, like a bit of basil or some other herb with a stronger smell. He might not even know the carrots are there.

Good luck! :)

Stubbourn. And terrified.
He won't come out if I lie there. I've tried sitting next to him in the past and he just hides in the corner if I do... sadly I don't have any herbs either, other than the wild plants and dandelion which surround him already. (I put some dandelion in the shed so he can eat once he decides to go in)

Stubbourn. And terrified.
He won't come out if I lie there. I've tried sitting next to him in the past and he just hides in the corner if I do... sadly I don't have any herbs either, other than the wild plants and dandelion which surround him already. (I put some dandelion in the shed so he can eat once he decides to go in)

I have a rabbit that's very skittish too and hides in the corner when I enter the room. But if I lay on the floor for about 5 minutes, he'll slowly come out and check me out for a bit.

Worse comes to worse, maybe you have a broom or something you could get into the hole and kind of usher him out with? Not sure how big the hole is, but if you can kinda scoot him towards the hole, he might get the idea.

I have a rabbit that's very skittish too and hides in the corner when I enter the room. But if I lay on the floor for about 5 minutes, he'll slowly come out and check me out for a bit.

Worse comes to worse, maybe you have a broom or something you could get into the hole and kind of usher him out with? Not sure how big the hole is, but if you can kinda scoot him towards the hole, he might get the idea.

Its hardly big enough for him I'm afraid. Don't think I can get a broom in... But heck I'll try. Just to see how big it really is inside...

Cloud seems to refuse to come out while I'm there period. Even in the past I've seen the best ways to catch him is just to go away and wait for him to go in on his own or chase him into a transport crate (and chasing now only makes it worse)

EDIT: he's gone in on his own.
Problem solved for now (Now I just gotta find some more heavy rocks to block all those darn holes!

Last edited:
Its hardly big enough for him I'm afraid. Don't think I can get a broom in... But heck I'll try. Just to see how big it really is inside...

Cloud seems to refuse to come out while I'm there period. Even in the past I've seen the best ways to catch him is just to go away and wait for him to go in on his own or chase him into a transport crate (and chasing now only makes it worse)

Problem solved for now (Now I just gotta find some more heavy rocks to block all those darn holes!

Glad that Cloud is back in his home. What a norty boy. :) But I bet that rock lifting will be a great work out! :lol:

Instead of blocking with rocks could you fill them up with stones instead to give you more piece of mind. You can buy sacks of good sized stones unless you want to visit the beach:D

Hi
This happened to me with my First Bunny Flopsy. She went under the shed and wouldn't come out.

If she really won't come out (and you can't stay awake) put a bowl of water and some food under there and then cover the holes with bricks etc. When Flopsy went under the shed my parents wouldn't let me stay awake so went down about 5am the next morning and when I moved the brick she hopped into my arms.

*vibes I know how stressful this is*

this happened to my bridge bun Monty. All you need is to get him some tasty treat and wait for him to come out, they can smell the tasty treat easily. Then close the gap leading to the hole

this happened to my bridge bun Monty. All you need is to get him some tasty treat and wait for him to come out, they can smell the tasty treat easily. Then close the gap leading to the hole

He's in now. Also I tried that but it didn't work.
As mentioned: he simply won't move while I'm arond.:?

I'm getting the feeling these two shouldn't be outside at all.
I blocked up the holes with several rocks and wooden boards and guess what...THEY DUG IT UP AGAIN! So once more Zakura's stuck in the hutch and Cloud is nowhere to be seen. This time there's no way I can get a broom in, considering the hole isn't straight. :evil:
I think I've gotta put wires under the whole run once this rascal gets out again. :x

Back