• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Found a lump, help please

foofoo

Alpha Buck
I just found a lump on foofoo's stomach just slightly down from her ribs, the other side of her stomach feels normal. I'm really worried, what could it be?

She is spayed. I'll be taking her straight to the vets tomorrow just very worried right now :(

I felt a large lump under Fudges ribs on her right side a few weeks back and it was more promanent (sp) when she stretched out and i worried alot, i took her to the vet and he couldnt feel anything abnormal and said its prob an organ ive been feeling :D

Hope that its nothing for your bunny and i hope i have given you some hope. sending vibes xx

I felt a large lump under Fudges ribs on her right side a few weeks back and it was more promanent (sp) when she stretched out and i worried alot, i took her to the vet and he couldnt feel anything abnormal and said its prob an organ ive been feeling :D

Hope that its nothing for your bunny and i hope i have given you some hope. sending vibes xx

Thanks, that's made me feel a bit better. I hope its nothing serious and I'm worrying for nothing, she's my only girl and very special to me :cry:

I could only get an appointment for foofoo today with my normal vet and when she checked for the lump it was gone and I couldn't feel it either :oops:

The vet said she has a very prominent stomach and liver and that her stomach must have been distended but she didn't know why it was hard like that and if it was anything sinister it wouldn't have disappeared.

I'm a bit embarrassed, I've never felt that before and it was really hard :shock: Never mind, I'm just happy my girls okay :D

I could only get an appointment for foofoo today with my normal vet and when she checked for the lump it was gone and I couldn't feel it either :oops:

The vet said she has a very prominent stomach and liver and that her stomach must have been distended but she didn't know why it was hard like that and if it was anything sinister it wouldn't have disappeared.

I'm a bit embarrassed, I've never felt that before and it was really hard :shock: Never mind, I'm just happy my girls okay :D

exactly what happened with me :oops::oops: When the vet couldnt feel anything he asked me to have a feel and i couldnt feel it again :oops::lol: Glad im not the only one :lol:
Glad everything is fine :D

Back