• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

down in the dumps rabbit

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
:?
hi all,

barnes seems a bit fed up, he's been like it for a day or two and i'm not sure why. we did have a very busy weekend and were out late on saturday and sunday, although he was fed and "hayed" as usual. he seems a bit off his food but is still eating and toilet-going as normal. he just seems a bit "off".

i also can't decide if he's losing weight, or that he's moulting so much he just seems thinner.

any advice would be brilliant.

emily

Are you able to weigh him at all?

If not you can probably take him to the vets and use their scales free of charge :?

Are you able to weigh him at all?

If not you can probably take him to the vets and use their scales free of charge :?

no, i couldn't weigh him at home, my o/h dosn't think he's lost any. and he's losing a huge amount of fur right now, i'm brushing two or three times a day. i've never had a bun during the month of may, is alot of moulting normal?

emily

I have a couple that moult pretty much 11 months a year:shock::lol:

How is bun sitting? Is he hunched up at all? I had one a few weeks ago, he was quiet for a couple of days, then went into not eating/pooing. It turned out to be a blockage - possibly moulting hair, or cardboard loo roll:oops: he'd eaten:oops: If he's hunched up, it could be from pain.

I think a trip to the vet is needed incase its his teeth.My dental bun started like this-seeming fed up and "off".
Good luck

My hunch would to be to go down the possible teeth problems or tummy probs.

My Joey presented like this a few weeks ago and I thought it could be his teeth, but it turned out to be inflammation in his guts - he took a good few weeks to get better with plenty of baytril, pain relief and cisipride to stimulate his guts.

They are so good at hiding illness, so I'd keep a close eye on him.
If his eating habits have definately changed over the last few days it's def worth a check over at the vets.

he sometimes sits in a typical rabbit pose, but alot of the time he's stretched out or doing a "roll-over" onto his side. he was binkying about last nite, just after i posted the original thread. he's lying on his side now, back legs stretched right out!

My hunch would to be to go down the possible teeth problems or tummy probs.

My Joey presented like this a few weeks ago and I thought it could be his teeth, but it turned out to be inflammation in his guts - he took a good few weeks to get better with plenty of baytril, pain relief and cisipride to stimulate his guts.

They are so good at hiding illness, so I'd keep a close eye on him.
If his eating habits have definately changed over the last few days it's def worth a check over at the vets.

i was wondering if it's cos my o/h has been feeding him, i always think he puts too much ss/excel in the dish. barnes always eats his veggies but leaves some of the dry food and grazes.

he sometimes sits in a typical rabbit pose, but alot of the time he's stretched out or doing a "roll-over" onto his side. he was binkying about last nite, just after i posted the original thread. he's lying on his side now, back legs stretched right out!

Sounds like happy bunny behaviour to me!! I wouldn't worry unless his eating/pooing changes.

:wave::wave:

i wouldnt panic if he looks comfy etc ...but i do think it would be an idea to keep a check on his weight ...:) ...just in case ;)

Back