• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bits for pets - Freddie Penthouse 5ft x 2ft

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Hi there,

I thought I'd let you know that this company have got a different manufacturer to produce a new hutch - a 3rd generation of Freddie Penthouse.

They are making massive improvements for the new Freddie Penthouse. I've emailed them asking what the improvements are going to be and they are;

" The improvements we are making include:

Increasing each section height to 55cm so that when the roof is on there will be a clear 2 foot for the bunnies to stand up and stretch.
A new modular design means that you can add more floors if required.
All floors will have an optional sleeping section divider so that each level can be used as a seperate hutch.
A new 5ft x 5ft run standing over 2ft tall which can be used stand alone and has been designed so that additional runs can be attached to provide more run space.
Our new manufacturer will improve the overall quality of the hutch.

The doors are certainly bigger so that cleaning is made as easy as possible(with such a deep hutch it is always going to be a stretch to get to the back)

This will be the third generation of the Freddie design and we hope we have ironed out all the niggles that previously existed."

So far it sounds good. I am pleased to hear that they are making improvements. I know it isn't a 6ft x 2ft x 3ft hutch however it is going to be a proper 5ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch. It is good to hear that they are listening to our complaints and our concerns.

Also

"We should have some updated pictures on the website within the next few weeks which will help."

I hope this may be useful to you as it is currently unavailable on the website. That's why I e-mailed them because it's been like that for a long time.

I think I might buy this for my new piggies!!! :D

Looks like a nice hutch but the bottom level is only 15 inches tall which means most up eared rabbits will have their tops of their ears touching the top of the bottom section :cry:

The improvements we are making include:

Increasing each section height to 55cm so that when the roof is on there will be a clear 2 foot for the bunnies to stand up and stretch.

That's why they are making improvements :)

This is really good news as I was going to buy this hutch for Zion and Zara for when they move into their 6ftx 8ft aviary but I was put off by the doors and the height of the lower level. Can't wait to see new pics!

That's why they are making improvements :)

This is really good news as I was going to buy this hutch for Zion and Zara for when they move into their 6ftx 8ft aviary but I was put off by the doors and the height of the lower level. Can't wait to see new pics!

Yes that's exactly the same as me.:D

I also cannot wait to see new images and improvements. I honestly hope it will be worth the wait and this time everyone will be satisfied with it.

Back