• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do older males tend to develop dewlaps?

gemmam

Alpha Buck
My dwarf boy is 7 years old and over the last few weeks I've noticed he has a definite dewlap. He never did before. I know this can happen in males if they are overweight but I don't think he is - just wondered if it can be an age thing? Or could it be anything to worry about?

"do older males tend to develop dewlaps?"

I presume we're talking about bunnies here? Cos me ex-OH had a humdinger!!! :lol:

I imagine so, it's more of a fatty storage for the males as they grow up, a bit like humans :lol:
Toffee hasn't got one, but I have bonded a group of 4 and one of the males was quite plump and he has a slight dewlap.

"do older males tend to develop dewlaps?"

I presume we're talking about bunnies here? Cos me ex-OH had a humdinger!!! :lol:

Excellent!!! and did his cheeks wobble when he shook his head from side to side??? Bit like Harold in Neighbours?????:lol:

NB,Last time I watched Neighbours was about 15 yrs ago.....I have heard since then that Harold has left the programme!!!

Back