• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to buy 6ft hutch on 1ft legs?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I ordered a custom made 6ft hutch on 1ft legs about a month ago from an Ebay seller based near me.

I emailed him a couple of weeks ago, and was told the hutch would be ready soon. I didn't hear anything else, so emailed again last Friday, but didn't get a reply this time. I've just looked at the original Ebay ad, and he is registered as being away (I presume on holiday?). I'm a bit pee'd off to say the least because he never said that the hutch would be delayed. At least I haven't paid for it :roll:

I'm now in desperate need of a hutch (my buns are currently in the garage when they could be outdoors enjoying the nice weather)...So anybody know where I can get a 6ft (or larger) hutch on 1ft legs?

Happy Hutches come on 18inch legs, I'm sure you (or they) could modify slightly. I'm planning to ask if they can do 2ft legs for mine in a week or two.

Happy Hutches come on 18inch legs, I'm sure you (or they) could modify slightly. I'm planning to ask if they can do 2ft legs for mine in a week or two.

Buy one, cut 6 inches off each leg and give the cutoffs to gemmam so she can add them on hers to make 2 ft legs. Job done :lol:

So anybody know where I can get a 6ft (or larger) hutch on 1ft legs?

Find yourself a suitable 6 ft hutch, then invite me & o/h to come round and make it go 1ft in the air!:D

All our hutches are about 3ft from the ground, cos it's so much easier to catch a wriggly bun at waist level than on your knees!:roll::lol:

P.S. we're not around Saturday, but could do Sunday!

Find yourself a suitable 6 ft hutch, then invite me & o/h to come round and make it go 1ft in the air!:D

All our hutches are about 3ft from the ground, cos it's so much easier to catch a wriggly bun at waist level than on your knees!:roll::lol:

P.S. we're not around Saturday, but could do Sunday!

Cheers Kate, you're a star! :D :D

Hopefully I'll be able to get one with ready made 1ft legs, but you might be hearing from me if I can't :oops:

I know some of you dont like happy hutch i have had 2 so far off them. I am lucky as i went around to where they make them at 11am and i had i delevered by 3.30pm the same day. I know they will cut the legs to size as well because they arnt delivered with them on for transport. They put the legs on for me as i said i was useless at diy. Hopefully getting a new triple or 2 double hutches in the next couple of months.

I got mine from Ryedale hutches online, price includes delivery and they are hand made to an excellent standard!

Had an email today to say that the guy I ordered from has left the organisation. The guy replacing him seems pretty on-the-ball and has promised delivery any day now...so watch this space! :D

My Hutch came today, and I'm impressed :D :D :D

It's made of really good quality timber, thick outdoor ply, and fox proof mesh (abt 14 gauge at a guess). It's also slightly larger than the 6ft x 2ft requested.

It cost £95, and that includes a donation to a local childrens hospice.

Only flaws are that there are slight gaps in the floor near the legs where wee could drip through onto the ground (easily fixed with some silicon sealant) and the doors need proper bolts...but these are just little niggles, and overall it's a great hutch :D

Back