• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickle Sneezing - EMERGENCY DENTAL - Update 5 - :)

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Pickle has been in the same spot since this morning :?
He came out to greet me but when I came back from his driving lesson he still looked hunched up :(
He came out after seeing Ghostie and to have a litte fuss but kept sneezing :(
What could this be?
He has an appointment at 5:45pm.
I obviously am majorly panicking :(

Last edited:
Is he eating and pooing?

Sometimes my rabbits sneeze when they have been digging in their hay bags.

I hope it's nothing serious xxx

Can't help I'm afraid, but more info might help others with suggestions. Is he eating/drinking/pooping? Is there anything new in his environment? Has anything flowered in your garden or nearby overnight? Have any other animals been near him (e.g. cat might have brought pollen from a distance away)? Maybe all the wrong questions, but wanted to try and help :?

Have never seen a bunny sneeze before and it was pretty much all at once and he started grooming himself while sneezing.
He has eaten his breakfast of broccoli, don't really know if he is pooing.
Usually he is out in the run part of the enclosure, but he just hid in the little box inside by the food bowl.

Aw poor Pickle, I've seen mine sneeze on occasion, but they've shown no sign of being unwell or any discharge etc and its only rarely so I must admit I've thought nothing of it.
If he's hunched up etc and not behaving normally i guess he could be unwell, maybe a respiratory infection? Sounds like you've caught it dead quick though, hope he gets on ok at tha vets. Sending vibes xx

Hope everything is ok with Pickle, you should be at the vets now so sending lots of vibes that its nothing bad :) xXx

Update

Pickle had a tiny bit of discharge but as it was only one sneeze fit have asked me to just monitor it.
HUNKY vet :)love::love::love:) said something about it being related to his teeth, somethig to do wth nasal passage, andlooked at his teeth and thought his molars were awful.
He has never seen anything like it in a bunny. He said he has some spurs, and that the other side looked like they were split almost :?
I am so confused, he is showing no signs of pain and is eating all okay etc.
They are going to reassess when he has his myxi in July, so possibly having a better look via x-ray and a dental :(

Pickle had a tiny bit of discharge but as it was only one sneeze fit have asked me to just monitor it.
HUNKY vet :)love::love::love:) said something about it being related to his teeth, somethig to do wth nasal passage, andlooked at his teeth and thought his molars were awful.
He has never seen anything like it in a bunny. He said he has some spurs, and that the other side looked like they were split almost :?
I am so confused, he is showing no signs of pain and is eating all okay etc.
They are going to reassess when he has his myxi in July, so possibly having a better look via x-ray and a dental :(

glad to hear his sneezing isnt too worrying
the teeth thing sounds a bit odd though - regardless of if he is currently eating, if his teeth are genuinely that bad then surely they should be sorted while he is still eating i.e. fit and healthy otherwise,not in pain etc - rather than waiting until it becomes a problem, stops eating/losing weight, more of an anaesthetic risk then??

glad to hear his sneezing isnt too worrying
the teeth thing sounds a bit odd though - regardless of if he is currently eating, if his teeth are genuinely that bad then surely they should be sorted while he is still eating i.e. fit and healthy otherwise,not in pain etc - rather than waiting until it becomes a problem, stops eating/losing weight, more of an anaesthetic risk then??

That is exactly what I thought.
Anyway, he said I could come back in 2-3 weeks or wait 5 weeks with his myxi.
While he was at Kris' he dived head first into a pebbledash wall and hurt all his face, I'm sure Kris will tell you more.

Seems a bit odd that the Vet didn't want to do a Dental and Xrays now if Pickles teeth are that bad :?

The sneezing may be related to tooth root elongation an Xray would confirm if this is the case.

If he were my Bunny I'd want the Dental done sooner rather than later. I have know several Dental Buns who continue to eat perfectly normally despite having dreadful spurs that have caused ulcers on their chheks and tongue.

XX

Oh dear poor Pickle :? I agree with Jane, I think I'd want the dental done sooner rather than later too. If it is tooth root elongation then I believe having the molars burred down pretty much to the gum line will help to alleviate any pain/discomfort and slow any overgrowth. I guess if his teeth look split though, maybe that won't be possible :?

Hope the lovely lad is ok xxx

Another Update

Am calling vets today to get his x-rays etc. done as soon as possible. I think he is in pain. He is eating fine but he just doesn't seem to be my baby.
Am just about to go to the Post Office to draw out money from my savings and then calling the vet.
Hhopefully we can get this cloud sorted for today or tomorrow.
Please can I have tons of vibes for my baby, I'm so so so worried about him :cry:

I hope he is okay :(

I really feel it is a result of the pebbledashing wall incident.
If it is, i couldn't forgive myself :(

As i said in the PM, i am surprised they did not admit him and do treatment immediately, rather than wait until he is obviously in pain and refusing food?

Back