• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hertfordshire peeps!!!

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya :wave:

Can anyone recommend me a good rabbit savvy vet near Stevenage?

Also, while I have your attention, anyone fancy a meet up? I'm new to the area, don't know anyone, would love to meet a few people (and maybe a few buns too!!)

Libby

:wave: i'm a vet student in Herts
i cant advise on rabbit savvy vets near you - mine is at Village Vets in potters bar but there is just the one vet there that is particularly knowledgeable (my buns love her!)
Meet up could be fun (no axes allowed!)
also have a big garden if anyone ever needs some holiday care for bunnies

I'm down Hemel way so my vet would be too far from you I guess, but they are very good!
I'm up for a meet up too - if I dont pop first! :lol: x

Guy Carter is one of the best bunny vets around, he is in Watford which is about 30 miles away from you so don't know if that is too far :?

Liz beat me to it! I was going to say Guy Carter at Medivet in Watford too. Very highly recommended.

I'm down Hemel way so my vet would be too far from you I guess, but they are very good!
I'm up for a meet up too - if I dont pop first! :lol: x

Oooh, can we wait til after you pop and then I can see the ickle wickle baby :D I luuuuuuuuuuurve babies :love:

Oooh, can we wait til after you pop and then I can see the ickle wickle baby :D I luuuuuuuuuuurve babies :love:

Awww yeah! If you'd like to! :lol::lol: I think people either love little babies or find them scarey! Unfortunately I'm one of the latter :oops: :lol:

Awww yeah! If you'd like to! :lol::lol: I think people either love little babies or find them scarey! Unfortunately I'm one of the latter :oops: :lol:

Awww, no i love them! I'm a great person to have around with a newborn, I'm immune to the sound of them screaming (once i know there's nothing wrong with them, of course!!) and I'm not even remotely bothered by pooey nappies. I do tend to just stare and make gooey-ooey noises though :lol:

I'm on the edge of watford and it would take me half an hour to get to Medivet unless it was a very quiet time because they are just off St Albans Rd which is nose to tail traffic most of the time unfortunatly. Watford has gotten very crowded in the last 20 years.

I'm on the edge of watford and it would take me half an hour to get to Medivet unless it was a very quiet time because they are just off St Albans Rd which is nose to tail traffic most of the time unfortunatly. Watford has gotten very crowded in the last 20 years.

Yeah I had an interview in Watford the other week, got totally lost, but there was nothing i could do about it cos i got stuck on a conveyer belt of traffic :? :roll: :lol:

Watford is a nightmare isn't it?!
Medivet techinically aren't that far from us but with all the traffic etc it would take us an age to get there. We had to go to the court t'other day in station road and it took over an hour from Hemel and its only 9 miles away!

Many of my friends find it quicker to drive to Brent Cross and shop there than to try to get in to Watford and park at a busy time. I'm lucky that I'm at home so can go in the week. If the footballs on then forget it and unfortunatly the hospital is right next door to the football ground so if the footballs on you can forget needing the hopital - luckily my 3 kids didn't decide to arrive at match time!

Awww, no i love them! I'm a great person to have around with a newborn, I'm immune to the sound of them screaming (once i know there's nothing wrong with them, of course!!) and I'm not even remotely bothered by pooey nappies. I do tend to just stare and make gooey-ooey noises though :lol:

:lol: we'll def come visit you then!! :lol:

Many of my friends find it quicker to drive to Brent Cross and shop there than to try to get in to Watford and park at a busy time. I'm lucky that I'm at home so can go in the week. If the footballs on then forget it and unfortunatly the hospital is right next door to the football ground so if the footballs on you can forget needing the hopital - luckily my 3 kids didn't decide to arrive at match time!

Thats the main reason I'm having a home birth! :oops: I'm terrified of getting stuck in trafic on the way to the hospital and giving birth while stuck in traffic on st albans road! :oops: :lol:

Watford is a nightmare isn't it?!
Medivet techinically aren't that far from us but with all the traffic etc it would take us an age to get there. We had to go to the court t'other day in station road and it took over an hour from Hemel and its only 9 miles away!

Yep, we find the same getting in to hemel too, we're in Abbots so betwixt the two.

If my son wants to go in at a busy time we take him to Kings Langley station and he goes the 1 stop to Waford and walks up, past the court, and in to the Harlequin.

Thats the main reason I'm having a home birth! :oops: I'm terrified of getting stuck in trafic on the way to the hospital and giving birth while stuck in traffic on st albans road! :oops: :lol:

:lol:That Hempstead Road is Very bumpy when youre in labour!

I would have loved to of had a home birth, how lovely. I mentioned it when I was having my first - now 16 - the dr just rolled her eyes and said "Oh no, no no no we don't really do those" In the end I had pre-eclampsia, had him 6 weeks early by emergency c section under GA and was sedated for 2 days! He weighed 3lb 11oz and spent 2 weeks in special care.

Funny after that they wouldn't let me have a home birth the next time either! No 2 was born naturally and was 9lb 2oz, the last one I nearly got a yes to trying the ABC unit until the Consultant noticed I'd had a C section previously, damn... but lucky really as this one was 10lb, had the cord cut cos it was round his neck and then got stuck so had to be dragged out by his ears while the crash team pummelled by stomach! But I fully believe this wouldn't have happened at home, I think in hosp they get you on that bed for their comfort and that causes the probs - stand and deliver I say!

Back