• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disgruntled Rabbit

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Angel is not a happy bun right now. She has been shut away in her dog crate because I have washed all the carpets.

How do I get the message across to her that if she stops weeing and pooing everywhere I wouldn't have to wash the carpets and she wouldn't have to be shut away!!! ;)

This is just like Beau. He keeps getting cross with me when I put a vet collar or baby grow on him, I wish I could explain to him that if he would leave his wound alone, I wouldn't have to cover it up!!

Angel is not a happy bun right now. She has been shut away in her dog crate because I have washed all the carpets.

How do I get the message across to her that if she stops weeing and pooing everywhere I wouldn't have to wash the carpets and she wouldn't have to be shut away!!! ;)

:lol:She'd probably say if you didn't keep washing the carpets she wouldn't have to keep weeing and pooing on them to get them the way she likes them!

:lol:She'd probably say if you didn't keep washing the carpets she wouldn't have to keep weeing and pooing on them to get them the way she likes them!

Now don't go sticking up for her lol ;)

She may well like yellow stains on my cream carpets, whereas I am not overly keen ;)

The little buggar! My foster bun likes to do that. I don't let her on the carpets for while to try and get it through to her that I don't enjoy her weeing everywhere. She has ruined my hallway carpet and it's virtually new :-(

I also have a few stains on my cream carpet off milly... she's a good girl now and has started using her tray... only took a couple of months of banning her from the living room completely :lol:. Still poos everywhere though :roll:

i could be utterly wrong here, but i was told that certain chemicals in cleaners actually encourage rabbits to wee more! :shock::lol: that certainly happened with my old bun Charlie when my mum used to clean the carpet around her litter tray. When we started just soaking it with loads of water and wet hoovering or towel soaking it up she didnt wee on it again half as much!

i could be utterly wrong here, but i was told that certain chemicals in cleaners actually encourage rabbits to wee more! :shock::lol: that certainly happened with my old bun Charlie when my mum used to clean the carpet around her litter tray. When we started just soaking it with loads of water and wet hoovering or towel soaking it up she didnt wee on it again half as much!

Anything with ammonia in will encourage them...

I usually use biological powder and warm water. leave it on the carpet for a few minutes and then blot up, never scrub because it just makes it worse. I then use a warm water and white vinegar solution. keep blotting up until you stop seeing the yellow tinge.

I usually use biological powder and warm water. leave it on the carpet for a few minutes and then blot up, never scrub because it just makes it worse. I then use a warm water and white vinegar solution. keep blotting up until you stop seeing the yellow tinge.

Thanks for the top tips!! Anything that helps is appreciated :) x

Be warned that your flat will smell like a fish and chip shop for ages afterwards tho' :mrgreen:

Be warned that your flat will smell like a fish and chip shop for ages afterwards tho' :mrgreen:

Nah it tends to disappear once it's dry! :lol:

I have gone right off the smell of vinegar now though....

I think i'm going to opt for laminate flooring next time.. I'm sure it will last longer than the carpets!

Back