• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hibby's home but really worried now

Rose24

Warren Scout
Morning all,

Just got back from dropping Hibby and Joey at the vets so Hibby could have an x-ray today and have come back to my very empty and quiet house :(

I posted awhile back about Hibbys infection and it's still rumbling along so today she needs an x-ray to see if its an underlying tooth problem etc...
I'm so worried about her, it was horrible leaving them both there.

I'm sure she'll be fine and back eating my sofa by this evening but any good vibes would be very much appreciated :)

Last edited:
I'm sure Hibby will be fine. Sending some vibes for you.

It's horrible coming back to the house and seeing their hutch empty:(

I'm sure Hibby will be fine. Sending some vibes for you.

It's horrible coming back to the house and seeing their hutch empty:(

I know, I'm doing my planning at the moment so I know what I'm teaching when I go back to work and they are always running around my feet and distracting me...It's really dull without them here :( Roll on 6 0'clock....

Thanks for the vibes :)

Thanks for the messages

Just spoken to the vet and Hibby still needs to be x-rayed!!!! So now I may not be able to bring her home tonight cos she may be to sleepy still :(

Thanks for the messages

Just spoken to the vet and Hibby still needs to be x-rayed!!!! So now I may not be able to bring her home tonight cos she may be to sleepy still :(

oh no!!! fingers crossed hibby will be able to come home tonight x

Sorry still fretting like mad :( Still not heard anything, at what point would it be to late to x-ray her? x x x

Sorry still fretting like mad :( Still not heard anything, at what point would it be to late to x-ray her? x x x

what time are they open til? is it your usual place or the main hospital one? i'd ring them again on the pretext that you'd had a missed call and wondered if it was them........ not nice pacing around worrying:(

hugs x

Hiya!! Becky here, i did your homecheck for Joey! :)

Sending lots of vibes for Hibby :love: I do hope everything will be ok xXx

Update

Hello, sorry got myself into abit of a frenzy and needed to sit down :oops:

Got a phone call from the vets and Hibby has come round but is very woozy so wont be able to get her til late. There is no obvious sign of the cause of the infection so its just the case of battling on with the baytril now. The vets were really lovely again (thank goodness they understand how mad I am :oops: but they have just been really busy with the bank holiday so thats why it took so long)

I'll update later when they are home :D

Thanks for all the good vibes today, It's really helped

P.S Sorry Poppy for worrying you :)

Hi Becky, I wondered if you were on here. Joey is so gorgeous and has settled in so well. He went to be Hibbys buddy today but looked horrified when I left him there. It's been such a long day for him, bless :(

Hello,

Went to collect Hibby at 7.30 and she was really sleepy when we got her home, wobbley on her feet etc... At the moment she is not interested in food but she is drinking alot, not huge gulps but sipping her water loads. Is this normal? I'm not sure if I need to call the vet :(

Any help would be appreciated x x x x

was it just an x-ray Hibby had?

I would PM Jacks-Jane for advice hun...

Hope everything will be ok xXx

ETA: Just realised Jane isnt online :( Could you give the vets a quick call just to ask, it'd put your mind at rest :)

Hello

Yes it was an x-ray and they couldn't find anything to suggest the cause of the infection. But because she had the procedure late she came home to us really sleepy. I'll pm her now, thanks for the help x

Just to update, just seen Hibby eat some broccoli and spinach :D I think I'll see how it goes and watch her for a little longer, she just chased joey around the cage so I think she's feeling better ;) I'll keep a close eye on her. Thank you so much Becky x

Last edited:
Back