• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Procedure for getting bun into rescue?

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
If someone has an unwanted bunny what is the procedure for getting it into a rescue? This isn't for me, but I know someone who has a bunny they are trying to rehome and if she can't her bf has threatened to do some pretty nasty things in order to dispose of it :evil: If she can't find anyone I will take it but it can't be a permanent thing as I don't have any more room :(

You contact a couple of rescues with bun details & they put bun on waiting list til they have space.

Thank you, I hope it doesn't come to this and if I do get it I will try to rehome it myself to a good home (or end up finding space :roll: ) I can't believe how irresponsible people are :(

Like Angie65 said, ring round a few rescues. Some rescues are more full then others, so it's worth ringing more than one.

Try to have details of age, sex, neutered or not and any health problems ready.

Good luck!

Thank you for everyone who has posted. I'm hoping to find out by the end of today whether I'm getting her or not. To be honest I'd rather that then her go to another unsuitable home. The woman who's got her is 23 and doesn't like her because she 'doesn't do anything and you can't play with it'. She tried to take it back to the (obviously ****) pet shop and they wouldn't take her. Just appauling :(

I don't think the pet shop is appauling I think the woman is at 23 she should know better:evil: Hope the poor bun gets a rescue space and kind find a forever home that appreciates it

Yeah i agree, I don't think the pet shop is at fault (any more than any shop selling animals :? )

If I were you I would take the bun asap while she registers it with rescues, I couldn't bare the thought of the bf maybe hurting th bun.:censored:

I don't think the pet shop is appauling I think the woman is at 23 she should know better:evil: Hope the poor bun gets a rescue space and kind find a forever home that appreciates it

I just think she's had it about a week, you would have thought they would have taken it back. Mind you, you're right. I don't know this woman personally and I don't like her already! BTW I didn't mean the pet shop was 'appauling', I meant the whole situation :)

The bun has been given to someone else :( I hope whoever has it will look after it properly :(

Back