• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting rescue bunnies today!

nickylowe40

Young Bun
I have started to help unwanted bunnies, and i'm lucky enough to be getting a little 2 year old female bunny which was dumped at the local Wrek in Telford. not happy about how that it has taken for someone to dump her, for me to be getting her, but i'm really excited, and can't wait to meet her.

I'm also visiting a breeder who is well over her head. I went last week, with my friend, and she allowed us to take 3 piggies and a bunny. My friend is the piggy lady lol, and i had the bunny, a little female dwarf, we called kacy, she was very scared, but is starting to come round.

Going back today, to see if she will allow us to take anymore. she is elderly and has admitted that it can be too much for her. there is one bunny in particular that i want to take. He is a white male. They are all living in terrible conditions, but he was extremely bad with large balls of pooh stuck to his back end.

My friend has already reported her to the RSPCA, who must have done something, as she hadnt got as many bunnies or piggies as before, but the conditions are un-beleiveable!

We are going to try and get as many animals from her as poss. My friend only lives local to her, and has offered, to help with looking after the animals, but the lady doesn't think she needs any help.

I really didn;t want to to report her to the RSPCA as there are so many bunnies in their care, so we wanted to try and help ourselves, but, if the breeder does help herself today, then i;m going to have to report her for the sake of the animals, its just so heart breaking :(

Sorry for the rant, but will post pics of the new bunnies later!!!

This person may already be known to rabbit people. What area does she live in? (Don't need to name her ;))

I'd report her to the RSPCA anyway. They are the only people with the power (except He-man) to stop her keeping animals & "replacing" all the ones you rescue.

hiya, yes i think she is quite well known in the telford area.

when i got there, her daughter was there, but asked me to go back later as her mom had visitors, trouble is, i live about 35 miles away, so will have to go back later in the week, but her daughter did tell me the white bunny had ben sorted out, what ever that means :roll:

She has already been reported to the RSPCA, but shes got animals again. will try once more then due to the distance, think i will be reporting her, can keep affording to drive 70 miles to rescue bunnies, when i have mine to fund myself.

Collected my other rescue bunny, Lily, shes a grey and white lop, and adorable. She was dumped at the Wrekin in Teford, and a dog walker saw her and another bunny, but wasn't quick enough to catch to other one. he said there was two cardboard boxes close by! Why do people have to dump animals? :censored:

just wanted to add an update on Lilly

she is the nicest bunny i have ever had! She was def a very loved bunny at one time.
When we got her home, she had a hop about my house. I have 4 parrots, and 3 talk, and she wasn't bothered by them saying 'hello' and 'what ya doing'. She then sat on my sons lap, and really enjoyed a cuddle!

I just can't beleive someone would dump her.

Going back to Telord this weekend, hopefully, so will let you know how i get on with the breeder.

so what is your rescue name as all rescues on here try to help each other out. Am I right in saying that your friend as a guinea pig rescue as you said she is the guinea pig lady.
Will you be neutering and vaccinating the rescue bunnies before they go up for rehoming?
I hope you don't mind me giving you some advice as regards you starting rescuing but I would start small (meaning get the ones you have just taken in neutered and vaccinated) and then rehome them before you take anymore in as trust me and alot of rescues on here will tell you the same that alot of people think they will start a rescue and go and find rabbits free to good homes and take in everything then end up closing down because they have no funds to fund it.

Back