• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just been to emergency vets Lionel is poorly again UD 27th pm

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
My poor little man is poorly again :cry: :cry: I can't believe it :(
He was mouth breathing and shaking like a leaf so i took him to emergency vets, thank God it was Christabel.
We know he has dental spurs again and is due for a dental this week but she doesn't think that has anything to do with whats wrong with him now.
He is struggling for breath and has his mouth constsntly open (he never has his mouth open) his heart is going like the clappers and he is skaing like a leaf.
She was going to keep him in but thought he would be less stressed at home so he had metacm, baytril and an analgesic (not sure what) and i have more metacam and baytril for tomorrow.
I have just text the boss and said i need tomorrow morning off as i am going to stay up as much as i can in the night.... if you have any spare vibes we would be grateful (again) xx

Last edited:
Oh No Poor Lionel :(

I bet this humid weather is helping him either

Sending tonnes of vibes for your special boy and hugs to you xx

Hi Katie.

I've not heard of anything like this before. Don't have anything useful to suggest, but am sending loads of healing thoughts your way.

Will be thinking of you both tonight. Hopefully he'll be feeling better in the morning.

xx

did she say he had a raised temp? If he's shaking then it may be from cold (which happens when the body's temp is raised compared to normal). If he has something like a lung infection it could explain it & the mouth breathing. keep him warm tonight inside with the heating on. If you don't have a snuggle safe try wrapping a hot water bottle in a towel and popping him near it. He might not want it but it will be there if he does.

did she say he had a raised temp? If he's shaking then it may be from cold (which happens when the body's temp is raised compared to normal). If he has something like a lung infection it could explain it & the mouth breathing. keep him warm tonight inside with the heating on. If you don't have a snuggle safe try wrapping a hot water bottle in a towel and popping him near it. He might not want it but it will be there if he does.

She said his temp was fine :? He is a house bun so inside anyway but i will do his snugglesafe as well, thank you x

Well I hope all goes well for you tonight. If I were you I would talk to the normal vet tomorrow. As well as phnemonia mouth breathing can also be caused by heart disease or some sort of obstruction (sooty was mouth breathing or trying to when choking on a pellet) such as a tumor/abscess/tooth roots. You will need to get them all ruled out but hopefully the meds will keep him stable tonight. If he gets worse you may need to take him back in and get put into an oxygen tent. My fingers are very much crossed for you!

Sending him and you loads of vibes and hugs. If you need anyone to chat to while your awake just pm me. My thoughts are with you both.:bunny:

Back