• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Age to get a friend for frankie?

You need to wait until Frankie is neutered and his hormones have calmed down. Depending on your vet he can be "done" around 14 weeks old, sometimes earlier, sometimes later, depending on when things develop.

Once he's recovered from the op. it's time to start looking for a wife for him! Please look for a rescue bun :) You should be looking for a spayed female to go with him. A good starting point is:

www.rabbitrehome.org.uk although there are many rescues on here that will be able to help you, including helping with the introductions and bonding. Whereabouts in the country are you?

Hope all this answers your question and helps x

I would personally get him/her (not sure what it is) done then take him to local rescue to be bonded. After few weeks when hes all healed up. That way rescue bun will also be done and no baby bunnies and no worry for you having to go through another op (even though they are safe ou still worry)

You need to wait until Frankie is neutered and his hormones have calmed down. Depending on your vet he can be "done" around 14 weeks old, sometimes earlier, sometimes later, depending on when things develop.

Once he's recovered from the op. it's time to start looking for a wife for him! Please look for a rescue bun :) You should be looking for a spayed female to go with him. A good starting point is:

www.rabbitrehome.org.uk although there are many rescues on here that will be able to help you, including helping with the introductions and bonding. Whereabouts in the country are you?

Hope all this answers your question and helps x

I'm in Blackpool. He's in a 6ft by 3ft by 3ft hutch would that be enough room for 2 of them. He's a french lop.

I would personally get him/her (not sure what it is) done then take him to local rescue to be bonded. After few weeks when hes all healed up. That way rescue bun will also be done and no baby bunnies and no worry for you having to go through another op (even though they are safe ou still worry)

He's a boy. :D

You can get a friend for your bun now if the bun you get him is neutered female.

At his age he wont be hormonal so would probably accept an older lady easily.

We have an older lady who didn't want to bond with any of the neutered males we offered her. We tried he with a 10 wk old boy and they bonded immediately.

You have to be aware though that you need to get him neutered as soon as he is 'mature' otherwise he will start to annoy the lady rabbit. Our boy Cookie just changed one day from a young friend to an amorous lover and that was the day we got him done. They are still a wonderfully bonded pair.

A pure French lop? If so he's going to be one BIG bunny!
Do you have a run for him? Or will he be able to free-range around a secure garden?

Yeah he's a pure frenchie! He's got a 6ft run but when he is bigger he's going to have free run of the garden. Do you think he might be better on his own?

Have you considered getting a shed? :) I have a frenchie, she lives in an 8x6 shed with a 12x8ft run attached :) They need alot of room! Think we need to see some pics :D xXx

Have you considered getting a shed? :) I have a frenchie, she lives in an 8x6 shed with a 12x8ft run attached :) They need alot of room! Think we need to see some pics :D xXx

My father in law has just built this hutch and run its a really good size. I have put some pics of him on rabbit stories.:D

Back