• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I give up on bonding?

foofoo

Alpha Buck
Yesterday I tried re bonding mowgli and fudge, they're both male and neutered. The car ride went well, no aggression just humping from fudge then I brought them home and put them into the bathroom.

Fudge was doing the chasing and most of the humping, this went on for 3hrs and in this time fudge would not leave mowgli alone, he wouldn't stop to rest for more than a few seconds, eat or drink even though mowgli was trying to.

In the end I had to separate them, mowgli started humping fudge but he was biting really hard and hurting him and I didn't want to put them through any more stress or get hurt.

Should I continue to keep working with them or just accept that they're not going to bond with each other?

Have you thought about sending them away to be bonded at a rescue?? Just had a search through and theres this lady, i think shes a member on here :?

http://www.fiferabbitrescue.co.uk/

I found it easier to send mine away :) i tried god knows how many times to bond mine, and failed :( they went away and came back the next day bonded :) xXx

Have you thought about sending them away to be bonded at a rescue?? Just had a search through and theres this lady, i think shes a member on here :?

http://www.fiferabbitrescue.co.uk/

I found it easier to send mine away :) i tried god knows how many times to bond mine, and failed :( they went away and came back the next day bonded :) xXx

Kareen from fife rabbit rescue tried the boys at my house in a carrier but mowgli just kept trying to bite fudge so she suggested I try them out in the car. I think she's too busy to be able to try bonding them for me because they really need constant supervision. Thanks though :)

Kareen from fife rabbit rescue tried the boys at my house in a carrier but mowgli just kept trying to bite fudge so she suggested I try them out in the car. I think she's too busy to be able to try bonding them for me because they really need constant supervision. Thanks though :)

Aww thats not good news :( Seems like youve tried everything. Sounds like you could do with another pair of hands to help you :) I do hope you get something sorted xXx

Aww thats not good news :( Seems like youve tried everything. Sounds like you could do with another pair of hands to help you :) I do hope you get something sorted xXx

Thanks :) I've decided that it just isn't worth putting the boys through the stress of bonding, They're both over 7yrs old and I'm worried that the stress might kill them if I continue. Its a shame but its for the best I think.

Back